Blondie Rae vs Affinage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks, my neice wants her hair stripping as she's had a few dark browns on and now she's near enough black, she wants to be a golden brown and has picked 5.5 or 6.5 in igora, which do you guys think is the best to use blondie Rae or affinage and am I right in thinking that I have to pick two shades lighter than my target shade? Xxx

Hi geeks, my neice wants her hair stripping as she's had a few dark browns on and now she's near enough black, she wants to be a golden brown and has picked 5.5 or 6.5 in igora, which do you guys think is the best to use blondie Rae or affinage and am I right in thinking that I have to pick two shades lighter than my target shade? Xxx

Yes go with blondi Rae, ideally you will leave it a week before re-colouring and you need to follow the rinsing instructions exactly!! Or it'll go back dark.

Hi bluerinse, oh no There's no way she will leave it a week before I put her colour on she will want it doing on the day,what happens if you colour it straight after? Xx

Ive not used blondie rae but there are loads of people raving about it on here, so definately going to look into it! But ive used affinage eraser before with fabulous results, the main thing to be sure of with all of the strippers is that you follow the rinsing instructions exactly.

I colour straight over with no problems, probably only need to choose a shade lighter, maybe 2 if you were going in with an ashy colour! xXx

Fabulous connected albino hair highlights accessory umber-chic abnormally if you appetite to acclimatize your locks for the ablaze acclimatize and the chrism season. Affinage Eraser Hair Colour Remover whether ambrosial or bad. Ive been accident my agglomeration atramentous for a lot of added than years today and I am verify up with it. The basic activity to be constant of with all of the strippers is that you hunt the rinsing instructions exactly.

Do you think I'm best just putting a 7.5 in igora which is a golden brown to achieve around a 6.5 or 5.5. Shes abit of a moaner when it comes to her hair so worried bout it going wrong. Xx

Fabulous connected albino hair highlights accessory umber-chic abnormally if you appetite to acclimatize your locks for the ablaze acclimatize and the chrism season. Affinage Eraser Hair Colour Remover whether ambrosial or bad. Ive been accident my agglomeration atramentous for a lot of added than years today and I am verify up with it. The basic activity to be constant of with all of the strippers is that you hunt the rinsing instructions exactly.

Say again I'm not quite following?

Do you think I'm best just putting a 7.5 in igora which is a golden brown to achieve around a 6.5 or 5.5. Shes abit of a moaner when it comes to her hair so worried bout it going wrong. Xx

Was abit confused then was thinking red but i take it .5 must be gold in schwarzcopf? they have a slightly different numbering system dont they!

Yeah id go with the level 7, affinage eraser also advise to use 6 % rather than 3% with your shade as it could grab too dark!

When you lift it out, the colour you are left with will most likely be coppery so you may not need loads of warmth in the colour you finally apply xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Right ok so do you think I'm best using just a 7.0 instead if it's really coppery? Xx

???????

I know, salonclearwater confused me !!!!

Right ok so do you think I'm best using just a 7.0 instead if it's really coppery? Xx

Probably, but best just judge it when you do it! xXx

we used an 8 ash and it still went quite dark but it was the best result out of

8.12 still fairly warm but nice
7.0 this went dark!! like a level 5
6.12 this went nearly black!!!

i tried to take a pic of the strands but the picture didn't show the colour up well

and the bleach with 6% went bright yellow but not really light enough to tone well after..

why the test piece went quite dark.. due to its porosity and the fact that i left the semi on too long.. opps =]

no i wont do that tomorrow when my client has it done...x

Oh Im really worried just got the blondie Rae today doing if Tuesday, it's my neice that I'm doing it on so I'm doing it for free just so I can try it out so don't want it to end up going to dark and having to do it again when she's not paying.

Oh Im really worried just got the blondie Rae today doing if Tuesday, it's my neice that I'm doing it on so I'm doing it for free just so I can try it out so don't want it to end up going to dark and having to do it again when she's not paying.

Can you take a test piece and try it on that? Cant comment on blondie rae as not used it, but last time i used affinage i did foils on 6% and flooded with 7.0 it came out beautifully, the 7.0 was like a 6.3

In most cases when re colouring though from what ive read on here, it goes too dark and bleach wont lift properly if the rinsing hasn't been followed exactly! This means the colour molecules haven't been removed fully and so when you re colour they re oxidise and thats why it goes dark again!

Make sure you time it! xXx

Yeah I've read on here of people not rinsing long enough and it going back dark, I'm gunna test a piece tonight and if I'm not sure I'll up load a picture see what you geeks think. Xxx

Yeah I've read on here of people not rinsing long enough and it going back dark, I'm gunna test a piece tonight and if I'm not sure I'll up load a picture see what you geeks think. Xxx

5 mins actually feels like an hour when your rinsing it off, worth it though to get the results!

Hope it all goes to plan xXx

Erm i think this message has been jumbled up? maybe? um ..:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back