Blow dry not lasting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairbyH

Reaction score
Hi

Really need some advice I am setting up a new business (blow dry at home service) I am not a hairdresser but I am trained in Beauty and I recently attended a 1day professional blow dry course, I want to achieve the big essex blow out style that is really popular at the moment for my clients, at the moment I am practising on friends and all though I think my technique is getting better, the blow dry is falling out really quickly and curls are not holding, Any advice from a hair dresser would be so appreciated xx I have attached a pic of desired outcome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 105
How long does it hold for? Are you keeping the brushes in the hair? Either keep the brushes in the hair until it's completely cooled it has time to set or once you take the brush out put it into a pin curl then leave it for about 15 minutes after you've completely finished for it to cool then take them all out. What products are you using? A mousse or a gel is good to use as it makes the hair a bit stiff whereas a heavy cream based product will make it drop. Is the hair 100% dry at the end and not still a little damp? Are you doing it on completely straight hair if you are you have to be honest and realistic with the client and say that they would be better off having it curled with tongs or straighteners. Hope that helps

Hi Hun
Thank you for your reply, most of my friends have quite fine straight hair, I am using the pin curl method at the mo but it's not creating the desired effect, more flicks than perfect curl, I think I'm going to start trying the leave in brush method, and also using different products . I am using an osmo root lift spray and a tigi blowdry balm & hair spray but I have heard that morrocan oil is very good, also my brushes are from salon services.I am making sure hair is 100% dry and it's holding for about half an hour then just dropping really quickly. Thanks again for all the advice xx

To be honest with you you're not going to get a bouncy blow dry that will last on fine straight hair sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and say to clients you won't get that unless you use the tongs or straighteners. If their hair is fine and straight I wouldn't go and put Moroccan oil on there it's too heavy and will weigh the hair down and pull those curls out

Latest posts

Back