Blue bases

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moobar

Reaction score
Hiya,

well as some of u know I use matrix (love them) :) but I was just wondering what's u have found the best blue base to be when u have an undertone of orange?

what do u mean sorry, are you asking from the matrix range or in general? tigis steel collection are great if u have bothersom warmth x

The double ash range with additive? depends on what level your working with x x

Hiya,

well as some of u know I use matrix (love them) :) but I was just wondering what's u have found the best blue base to be when u have an undertone of orange?

Try your A range or if not enough Av if still warm you can use graphics pigment to rub through on it's own blue pigment btw

Client has a 8w on her hair and it's very warm!! Can I go over it with an A or AV? What would I do with the col graphic blue pig?
Thanks

Just to add, client wants to be as light as poss - no bleach high lights!!

tint wont lift tint... unless she is natural and virgin hair a level 8?

so I would go for ULPA and 40

but if she has coloured her hair then go for colour grapics and blue pigment
OR
v-light and tone with 10AV

hope this helps

i miss matrix!!
xxx

wow i am glad theres some matrix users about i am just starting using it so its good to know a few peeps xx

Thanks Sarah, I'm still fairly new to matrix but I do love them :) I will have to use col graphics and she has tint on. Can I mix up blueberry and just paint it all over hair instead of hi lights? What about roots?

Thanks Sarah, I'm still fairly new to matrix but I do love them :) I will have to use col graphics and she has tint on. Can I mix up blueberry and just paint it all over hair instead of hi lights? What about roots?

Graphics is only for highlights and pure pigment is only advised with damp hair :)

so i can put the blueberry pie all over like a tint (un mixed) if clients hair is towel dry? will this on its own life the warmth and give a nice blonde?

so i can put the blueberry pie all over like a tint (un mixed) if clients hair is towel dry? will this on its own life the warmth and give a nice blonde?

No it is more like a quick no mix no mess toner for highlights or a colour that's a little to warm, it works quickly!!! Lol learnt the hard way :)

lol. so once you have done the new colour and rinsed its best to do use it (blueberry) then to tone :)

She will be coming back in 2 weeks so we can go lighter with her hair as it's far to warm for her so i'm not sure what to do as she doesn't want hi lights. (I told her to wait 2 weeks as we had just done two colour correction sittings and then added the colour)

With another client I had her col was too warm so we did a high lift over the top and it lifted really well so I may just do this, what do you think? I understand tint doesn't lift tint but the hi lift/UL really does lol

Sorry for all the q's but I question myself all the time :)
xx

Vlight is good for on scalp application, it doesnt tingle either,

I like the infor about using the pigment to tone, I may try that, do we use it on its own? no developer, on damp?

Try Matrix training, its free if you buy there colours, i think iv mentioned to one of you.

We've been having a Matrix trainer come to the salon every couple of weeks, and its been really good, I'v learned loads, still getting into it.

She's in this wednesday, I'm really looking forward to it x x

Vlight is good for on scalp application, it doesnt tingle either,

I like the infor about using the pigment to tone, I may try that, do we use it on its own? no developer, on damp?

Try Matrix training, its free if you buy there colours, i think iv mentioned to one of you.

We've been having a Matrix trainer come to the salon every couple of weeks, and its been really good, I'v learned loads, still getting into it.

She's in this wednesday, I'm really looking forward to it x x

Yeah rub a little bit through on it own on damp hair stand with it and watch it tone!!

Latest posts

Back