blue nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
hi gang - i received this email from this person today, and quite honestly dont know how to answer it, could any of you that know or have heard of "liquid oxygen intake"? and also how do you think it best to answer this email
thanks in advance

Email reads
I am a 36 year old female, and for years now, my nails have been very 'bluish" in color. I have tried covering up the nail with red nail polish but want to try something more natural and attempt to treat the problem rather than "cover" it up.

Several websites suggested liquid oxygen intake. Would you recommend oxygen and if so, when should I see nail improvement such as clearer and healthier nails? I have gone to several doctors and was told that nothing can be done (surgically) to eliminate the imperfections.

Custom Blend is the way forward Glynis.....go get her.
David
Peter Pan said:
hi gang - i received this email from this person today, and quite honestly dont know how to answer it, could any of you that know or have heard of "liquid oxygen intake"? and also how do you think it best to answer this email
thanks in advance

Email reads
I am a 36 year old female, and for years now, my nails have been very 'bluish" in color. I have tried covering up the nail with red nail polish but want to try something more natural and attempt to treat the problem rather than "cover" it up.

Several websites suggested liquid oxygen intake. Would you recommend oxygen and if so, when should I see nail improvement such as clearer and healthier nails? I have gone to several doctors and was told that nothing can be done (surgically) to eliminate the imperfections.

Hi Glynis :hug:

The only time I've ever come across blue nails is in my best mate who has a really bad circulation problem. When she gets cold or sits still for too long the circulation slows down in her fingers and toes and they go blue. Get her warm and/or moving again and they are fine.

Never heard of liquid oxygen therapy, perhaps she could give you some further info about what she has read/seen/etc.

How about parrafin wax manicure - supposed to be good or the circulation isn't it? I broke a finger years ago and a friend bout me one because in winter the one I broke used to go blue and be really painful, it worked wonders for me. Sorry can't be of more help. xx

blue nails can be the symptons of a bad heart, and also raynauds syndrome ( i think!) liqiud oxygen intake would increase the red blood cells flowing throught the system ( i think! lol) but i doubt wether that would affect the extremities i dont know really lol sorry ha ha
stupid nikki!!!!
memo to self....... stop posting after drinking wine lol

Hi, I am currently on a nail art course and we covered Blue nails this week, otherwise known as Onychocyanosis!!!! (try saying that!)
Apparently it is a sign of poor blood circulation. Perhaps if convential doctors cant help, have you tried Homeopathy?
Raynauds can be treated with something called "Hoffells" which you can buy in Boots the Chemist! My brother in law has it and swears by this!

Trudy

thanks for all your suggestions girls, but it was just the bit about the "liquid oxygen" bit that i couldnt answer, i know what causes blue nails lol

Latest posts

Back