Bluesky

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paige114

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of posts about this particular brand so I'm sorry for bringing it up again however Groupon are actually selling the brand and as a good deal. Would everybody scream for me not to buy or...? All I want it for is to do my own nails, I am a dental nurse so can't wear any form of nail polish whilst in surgery therefore I just see it as a waste of money paying £20 at my salon for a weekend event to then have to soak off a day later! Normal nail polish just chips as soon as I go to my horse plus I just think gel looks so much better for a wedding etc. But just want to see whether it would be foolish and unsafe for me to buy Bluesky products off of Groupon. If it would be can anyone recommend a product that I can buy as a non professional? TIA x

If you're not a professional, this is the market that bluesky is made for which is exactly why I wouldn't use it as a professional. Good luck x

Sorry that's not meant to sound snotty at all. Many pros would be against you doing your nails but I'm a realist x

Sorry that's not meant to sound snotty at all. Many pros would be against you doing your nails but I'm a realist x

Thanks a lot, I didn't take it as you being snotty so no worries. I understand why pros can be against it I deal with exactly the same situation when it comes to teeth whitening! x

I too am realistic that clients don't always have spare money to spend on their nails, food, bills, etc. have to come first, so there is a market for a product somewhere between pro level gel polish and normal nail polish.

I have heard mixed reactions about Blue Sky, some think it's great others are worried by it's pungent smell and difficulty to remove in some cases.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative there are better options available specifically for the DIY market such as Red Carpet manicure offered by QVC who ensure the products have proper instructions, sanitisers, products designed to match the lamp output, etc. These are a much better option than mixing and matching products from various ranges and risking over-exposure, under/over curing, etc.

Ultimately as Professionals we would always recommend seeing a professional, perhaps an option would be regular manicures which will keep your natural nails in better condition in the long run so maybe polish would last longer, but even unpolished, well manicured and cared for nails look lovely when going out.

Last edited:
I think you'd be better off going to a salon and getting a long lasting polish like vinylux applied for weekend events. Putting gel on for a couple of days at a time then removing frequently it will damage your nails. It is meant to be worn for 2 weeks.
SensatioNail or red carpet are DIY gel polish brands that are properly tested and provide customer service if needed. Maybe try them.

I think you'd be better off going to a salon and getting a long lasting polish like vinylux applied for weekend events. Putting gel on for a couple of days at a time then removing frequently it will damage your nails. It is meant to be worn for 2 weeks.
SensatioNail or red carpet are DIY gel polish brands that are properly tested and provide customer service if needed. Maybe try them.
I agree completely. Very frequent removal will damage your nails probably to the point where a gel polish won't last well. As Krum said try CND Vinylux polish. It is dry within 8 minutes, and actually continues to strengthen as you wear it and is designed as up to 7 day wear yet can be removed with normal polish remover. Far healthier for your nails than DIY gel polish, cheaper and easier to remove.

Latest posts

Back