Body massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanne_g

Reaction score
What areas of the body do you have to adapt during body massage and why? i've done the abdomen and clavicle and throat area but can't think of any more.

Im a massage therapist and I am not sure I understand what it is you are asking. What do you mean "adapt"?

Hey Hun, not sure what your asking here can you be more specific please and i might be able to help out as im a massage therapist xx:confused:

You may have to adapt a treatment due to a contra-indication. For example, I had an IHM massage client who had recently broken an arm, so I omitted both arms. That would be adapting a treatment.

Another way of adapting a treatment might be, for instance, leaving out tapotement if a client wishes their massage to be relaxing. Or increasing kneading & tapotement if they wish to break down fatty tissue.

Hope that helps

When training for my VTCT we were told to adapt the massage routine according to what sex the client was.

For example a woman therapist massaging a male client would not massage the inner thigh, stomach or buttocks as they were classed as eroginous(sp) zones.
This applied for a male therapist massaging a female client to.

Is this the sort of thing you meant hun?

Hello

I am a Holistic and Beauty therapist, been doing holistics for almost 6 yrs.

You have lost me a little bit too.

You only have to adapt anything if there is anything to avoid massageing eg. Pressure, certain parts of the body ie a broken arm leg, bruising, abraisions etc.

loulou was spot on with her comment.

If you are massaging a male client you MUST NOT massage the abdomen, for certain reasons:) also you only need to go up so far on the leg.

If you could explain what you mean we will be able to help and advice you alot better

Latest posts

Back