Body scrubs with no shower???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi lovlies,
Was wanting to add an exfoliating treatment to my price list, but I have no shower in my room. Any suggestions on the best ones and how I go about it without a shower?
Thanks Geeks,
Love

you can use anything as a scrub, it dosnt have to be any particular brand. Sea salt and olive oil is fab together. Or try the coffee scrub from beauty express, or something similar. Use a body brush first stoking towards the heart to creat erythmea to the skin and help eliminate toxins towards the lymph nodes, then use a scrub. I used wet hot towels which work brilliantly as they also have an exfoliating effect on the skin too.

You dont need an expensive towel cabinet, i used a slow cooker and filled it with water, the water stayed hot throughout the treatment and I used gym towels to wash the exfoliater off. Then just massage in a rich moisturiser.

Hope this helps

Kate

great idea, I am mobile and was thinking of offering this service, as most people have a shower at home this would be ideal, but what price would you charge for this treatment and how long should it take including the showering and moisturising?

I have just got back from Turkey and whilst I was there I had a turkish bath, wow it was amazing:)

I used to do an algae body wrap without a shower which started with an algae exfoliation peel. the place I worked at didn't have a shower or a hot towel cabi, so I used to take a washing up bowl of hand hot water and use a pair of flannels to rinse it off.

What I would say to you is that the skin gets cold quickly, so I used to rub off any excess moisture with a dry towel and cover that area up as quickly as possible.

I also used to put the fan heater on high when I did the treatment before they were wrapped up, then again when I took the wrap off.

I used to do balinese scrubs too with the same method.

I now have a shower and a hot towel cabi so use those, but have been to 2 other establishments where they just ran the tap and slapped me about with a lukewarm soggy flannel, and they were spa establishments!

Hello there

body scrubs are a lovely treatment to offer more benificial with a shower facility though, but you can get around it without one.

I over these treatments without a shower and all I do is use hot towls to remove, or sometimes just use the same proceedure as you would with a manual tan when you exfoliate if your quick enough at doing it the client wont get cold, only you will be hot as you will work up a sweat lol, its not as easy without a shower.

I am renting within a hairdressers at the moment have two nice rooms and a good reception nail bar area, so room one will be getting a shower in soon then i can also use it for spray tanning , will bring the incomveince down a bit :)

hi, just felt the need to add a tip i was told by a derm rep.....use regular face flannels soaked in hot water and rung out, maybe customised with some botanicals!!
then zip them up in a thermal lunch bag!
you only need roughly 10 flannels, they are 40p in asda and the bag is £2.50!!!!!
they stay lovely and warm, the bag is easy to carry around and you can pop it under the couch out of the way!!!!
treat the client limb by limb, so they are always mostly covered up......xx

Hi! I am new to this site but using flannels is a good option and can be carried out professionally if done well. You do need to be quite quick when removing scrubs or products so the client doesn't get cold, but you may also want to consider a spa heated blanket (That is safe to use with water!) on your couch to keep your clients really warm. It's a nice touch. Also useful for all body treatments!.

Also, even if you have a shower which I haven't right now but know that clients can take ages in a shower and many Spas don't encourage this as they can then control the time this takes. Hope this helps. :)

haha if their anything like my partner he takes an hour in the shower! the way i get him out is by turning the cold taps on downstairs - oops lol!

Yes, you can just imagine how long it would take some! :lol:

Latest posts

Back