Boiler in treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forevervodka

Reaction score
I'm converting my utility room into a nice little treatment room. Tumble drier etc is shut away behind cupboards. My problem is the boiler. Its not particularly large or ugly, its plain white, but it is THERE.

I had planned on putting a cupboard around it.

After reading the "will it make the boat go faster" thread i'm not sure if its an additional cost that I don't presently need. But I'm still a little worried about it.

Hubby seems to think that my clients will already be booked in for a treatment in a home salon and if my treatments are good then a small boiler in the corner isn't going to stop them coming back.

....... should I cover it up, or am I obsessing over something that doesn't really matter....lololol

what do the geeks think???

Would it bother you to see one in someone else's treatment room? If so yes cover it up. I don't think seeing it would bother me, but if it was clicking on and off etc during treatments it might.
My salon is below a flat and it drives me insane when they put their washing machine on...I know they have to but the pipes run down behind my massage room wall and when it goes into spin! Lol

I think it'll look ok personally.

However, I wonder if you could get one of those car magnets made with your logo on which you could attach to the front of it. I think they're quite big and of course being magnetic it could be removed - just a thought off the top of my head!

You could get a gorgeous room divider to match the room and just fashion it around the boiler :)

Xxx

Magnet and room dividers are both great ideas. I guess I wont really know how it looks until the rest of the room is made beautiful, and if it sticks out like an ugly sore thumb then ill do something about it.

Thanks geeks :D

I'm more occupied with quality rather than aperance's but were I to choose a house, if the boiler didn't have its own room accesable from the kitchen, hall or landing I wouldn't consider the house xoxo

I think it'll look ok personally.

However, I wonder if you could get one of those car magnets made with your logo on which you could attach to the front of it. I think they're quite big and of course being magnetic it could be removed - just a thought off the top of my head!
What a belting idea!!! I have a similar problem and you've just solved it. Thanks XX

It will look fine x you will be more critical of it than anyone else x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It'll depend on how noisy it is - our old boiler sounded like the house was coming down so we had to move it. Well, it was too old to move so we now have a combi and even that can be heard if someone turns a tap on elsewhere in the house. Luckily it's now in the kitchen so not a problem.

Latest posts

Back