Boring Question - but I'd like some help with my towels!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellbert

Reaction score
I wash my own towels and have trouble getting massage oil/seaweed out of the lighter ones.
I've tried soaking them and washing them on a hot temp but they're still stained.
Does anybody know of anything that can break down the oil please?

Many thanks:D

Have you tried a combo of washing up liquid and bicarbonate of soda? Wash on hottest temp you can get. Worth a go x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

If you massage with jojoba, it is a wax rather than an oil and it washes out a treat.

For seaweed treatments, could you use black towels?

Yeah, I would move to darker towels for a seaweed treatment. I have deep blue ones for pedicures because my CND products are blue.

Change to darker towels for massage/sea weed treatments?

I wash my own towels and have trouble getting massage oil/seaweed out of the lighter ones.
I've tried soaking them and washing them on a hot temp but they're still stained.
Does anybody know of anything that can break down the oil please?

Many thanks:D

I'd like to know the answer to this too as I use dark coloured towels but the oil still stains & after a while gets a bit of a rancid smell.

I've tried washing them on a 90' wash, have tried adding lemon oil in the hopes of breaking down the massage oil bu to no avail.

Light or dark, oils still stain towels :irked:

Hiya
Yes I do try and use darker towels when I can, but I currently still have afew lighter towels that I still use depending on stock levels etc.
Just wondered if anyone had anything specific to use you see!

:|:|:|

Jojoba oil does not stain...

Ok you can try dishwasher liquid. If this doesn't work then WD40. I love WD40, it gets stains out of most things. Spray WD40 on and leave to soak for a bit, then pop some dishwasher liquid over the top before popping in the washing machine. They might need a couple of washes to get rid of the smell. :)

Ok you can try dishwasher liquid. If this doesn't work then WD40. I love WD40, it gets stains out of most things. Spray WD40 on and leave to soak for a bit, then pop some dishwasher liquid over the top before popping in the washing machine. They might need a couple of washes to get rid of the smell. :)

Would that work on a dress with a stain on?!

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Depends what the stain is. Is it make-up? WD40 works on most things, I have a can in my salon always!

I'd try the dishwasher liquid first though!

Depends what the stain is. Is it make-up? WD40 works on most things, I have a can in my salon always!

Baby food can u believe! But its my fave dress with

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Tea-tree oil.............................
it gets everything out....
Every home should have a 100ml bottle of the stuff for the 101 uses.
It truly is a miracle oil.

Here you'll find some uses for it
Tea Tree Oil Uses

I use a tea-tree oil based product that gets out grease, blood, 1wk old blueberry pie filling stain, etc etc etc......... it gets it ALL.

It's called "Solumel" from Melaleuca.
101 Uses for SoL-U-Mel « Motherlode Holistic Community Connection

Best thing I ever bought for my house/family/pets.

hey V,

I got a brand new white lululemon headband that I got some blood on from a cut :cry:

do you think the tea tree oil would get it out? or would the oil stain the headband?

hey V,

I got a brand new white lululemon headband that I got some blood on from a cut :cry:

do you think the tea tree oil would get it out? or would the oil stain the headband?

Hey :)

I don't know what a "lululemon" is, but you can certainly try.
BUt it has to be the 'real' tea-tree oil, pure and straight (melaleuca) and not that stuff intended for aromatherapy that has been diluted with colorant (usually green) and alcohol.

IF you can get your hands on Solumel, I'd try that first. It's tea-tree oil based and AWESOME!!
Melaleuca Sol-U-Mel 16oz with mixing bottle! NEW | eBay

That one bottle can last months to a year, depending on your usage of it.
At my house, it doesn't last that long, it's used as:
-Deodorizer
-fabric stain remover
- degreaser for oven range
- odour/stain remover if dog/cat has an 'oops'
- Flea treatment on pets and their bedding
- as bug repellent against mosquitoes
- For killing dust-mites (every house has them, in your beds... my daughter is allergic to them...) so we spray all upholstery, mattresses, carpets etc on a weekly basis in addition to regular housekeeping
etc etc...... so it really REPLACES a lot of things and is worth every penny we spend on it.

Have you tried using salt yet?

Moisten the fabric, pour salt and let sit.
When the salt has changed colour, shake it off and start over doing the same.
Keep doing it until the salt stops changing colour.
Sometimes that works.

hth's

That's really interesting, I'm going to try that on the stain on my tunic, thanks xx

Hey :)

IF you can get your hands on Solumel, I'd try that first. It's tea-tree oil based and AWESOME!!
Melaleuca Sol-U-Mel 16oz with mixing bottle! NEW | eBay

That one bottle can last months to a year, depending on your usage of it.
At my house, it doesn't last that long, it's used as:
-Deodorizer
-fabric stain remover
- degreaser for oven range
- odour/stain remover if dog/cat has an 'oops'
- Flea treatment on pets and their bedding
- as bug repellent against mosquitoes
- For killing dust-mites (every house has them, in your beds... my daughter is allergic to them...) so we spray all upholstery, mattresses, carpets etc on a weekly basis in addition to regular housekeeping
etc etc...... so it really REPLACES a lot of things and is worth every penny we spend on it.

ooh now, I have a few cats and we spend a fortune on flea treatment but I would love to switch to a more natural remedy. Can you tell me how you use it and the mix ratio?

Thanks

I cannot stand the smell of tea tree but may give the WD40 a whirl. May even try lemon oil again by soaking the stained bits in it before I put in the washing machine.

ooh now, I have a few cats and we spend a fortune on flea treatment but I would love to switch to a more natural remedy. Can you tell me how you use it and the mix ratio?

Thanks

Solumel works a treat on the fleas, and gives their coats (dogs and cats) a nice shine.
Spray them outdoors so that when the fleas jump off, they are jumping to the grass and not onto your carpet LOL
(If you do it on a white towel, you can watch all the little black dots move around LOL)

The mix ratio is on the spray bottle for the Solumel (*Approximately*: something like20ml of Solumel to 200ml of Water or similar).

For straight tea-tree oil, I can't recall. You'd have to google it. I just use my Solumel for that.

hth's

Latest posts

Back