Boss won't give me a uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bed Bunny

Reaction score
I have been working part time for 5 weeks as a beauty therapist in a hair and beauty salon. I also attend college 3 days a week doing my NVQ level 3 beauty.

My boss said she would buy me a uniform but so far has failed to do so. It wasn't a problem in the holidays as i just wore my college one but now i need it for college so i'll have to wash it as soon as i get home, even on late nights, for the next morning.

This seems really unfair and also looks unprofessional for me to be wearing a student uniform in a salon. I have asked her about it every time i go to work and every time she apologises and says she'll order me one but then nothing happens. I offered to buy it myself and she could then reimburse me but she insisted that she would get straight onto it herself. I have explained that it is making life difficult for me and that i really need a uniform asap.

I am now thinking the only way to get her to buy me one is to go in in my own clothes, like any trousers and a black t shirt saying my college uniform hadn't dried in time but this seems a really childish thing to do and not the kind of thing i do so i am not keen!

Any suggestions for how to tackle this one?

thanks
BB
x

Do you know which uniform she wants you to wear? If so I would find out who supplies it and get the order code and price for it, write it down along with your measurements and give her that in one hand and the phone in the other! That way you've done all the work for her and she's got no excuse...good luck!

If she hasn't told you which uniform, choose two or three yourself, get all the order info, and then ask her to pick one and order it.

If all else fails turn up in your bra and pants! :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back