Botox and teeth whitening - Sheffield

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chlo

Reaction score
Hi all,

was just wondering if anyone is trained to do Botox or Teeth Whitening that lives near Sheffield. I am lookin to start offering monthly clinics and would like someone who has been used or recommended. Or if anyone has a salon in Sheffield (obv not same area) but use somebody who might like to offer it elsewhere?

Thanks geeks

Hi,
We also offer teeth whitening within clinics up and down the country if you would like some further information you contact me at [email protected]

Thanks
Stacey Curran

Whoever you get in for teeth whitening make sure they are registered with the general dental council and anyone doing injections is either a registered doctor, dentist or nurse prescriber (non nurse prescribers need to work directly with a prescriber to be able to get hold of the product to inject in line with NMC requirements). Botox is a prescription only medicine and needs to be prescribed in line with the medicines act.

I don't live your way but if you have any questions please feel free to PM me and I'll answer honestly for you.

x

Thankyou very much for your replies! Much appreciated xx

Actually they should be registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) as its medical treatments really and best if registered with the IHAS as well :)

Actually they should be registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) as its medical treatments really and best if registered with the IHAS as well :)

You are very misinformed unfortunately? A dentist registered with GDC can prescribe and administer botox and I'd go as far to say that they have greater knowledge of the facial anatomy than a doctor or nurse. Plus a nurse registered with NMC can administer botox, if the nurse is not an independent prescriber then he/she must work alongside a prescriber to be able to get hold of the POM. However if a nurse is an independent prescriber they can prescribe and administer botox off their own initiative. In fact nurse prescribers can prescribe anything in the BNF as long as it is within their competence.

Also, IHAS is a voluntary registration not a must!! So if you are not registered with them it doesn't make you a bad practitioner, quite the contrary probably more savvy a you have not spent a minimum of £550 to register for the year lol.

Or was that referring to the teeth whitening? sorry if you were but still doctors shouldn't do this as only dentists should!!

I believe that dentists would be more updated than doctors or nurses in facial anatomy definately. However a dentist in my area has been recently ticked off for asking for cash payments for his botox etc - to avoid putting thru his books. So it just shows that no-one, no matter what they do is always ethical - its put me off going to him now? Lost his trust.

One of my colleagues - also a female GP in her 30's is doing Botox etc around the Sheffield area. PM me if you want some more details...

I believe that dentists would be more updated than doctors or nurses in facial anatomy definately. However a dentist in my area has been recently ticked off for asking for cash payments for his botox etc - to avoid putting thru his books. So it just shows that no-one, no matter what they do is always ethical - its put me off going to him now? Lost his trust.

Well I'd be lucky to find someone who doesn't do cash work regardless of what profession they are, there's a few I know but a lot of others will only accept cash payment because they work full part time somewhere else, shocking!! I have an accountant who comes to me and she says I'll pay you in here so you don't have to declare it lol. I say to her it all goes in the bank the same way.

I think there are good and bad in every profession but I am a nurse and I teach medical professionals how to administer botox so I have to teach them on facial anatomy. I also employ a dentist to teach botox too and he asks me questions because I work full time in aesthetics yet he does dental work mostly.

You just need to be happy with who you choose in the end and I'm always more than happy to recommend people who I know are good injectors. I'm sure you have got someone by now though x

Latest posts

Back