Botox: Can anyone learn to do Botox, as doctors take too much commission?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJsingh

Reaction score
Sent from my GT-I9505

There isn't a limit on the amount of word you can use on Salon Geek. All your posts are written with the most minimal amount of information!!!

And the answer is yes, anyone can learn to do Botox, with the relevant training and qualifications. Do you have any training or qualifications?

Vic x

Thanks will write questions more descriptive from now. Unusually it was cut off last time so was wary. Anyways no I am a clinic owner and our Doctors takes a huge cut of our Botox income. I started looking into it and It would save me £8k to £10k if 1 of my astheticians learnt it. Overall insurance and training costs are material however the profitability is outweighs the costs. The Doctor is a Locum so I wanted to know how many more out there have trained ip there staff members

Sent from my GT-I9505

Thanks will write questions more descriptive from now. Unusually it was cut off last time so was wary. Anyways no I am a clinic owner and our Doctors takes a huge cut of our Botox income. I started looking into it and It would save me £8k to £10k if 1 of my astheticians learnt it. Overall insurance and training costs are material however the profitability is outweighs the costs. The Doctor is a Locum so I wanted to know how many more out there have trained ip there staff members

Sent from my GT-I9505

Not anyone can do Botox, it is a prescription product so it must be prescribed by either a doctor or nurse prescriber. It is illegal for you to buy Botox in bulk and if you are just a therapist, it must be individually prescribed for each person and they are really cracking down on it, court cases left right and centre over this so if your doctor is too expensive find a cheaper nurse prescriber.

As above in the UK no anyone cannot learn to do botox, you must be a doctor, nurse or dentist.

Training courses do check credentials on the register. Then you have to open a professional account with a pharmacy that has a licence to obtain the product, who also check credentials again.

Then you will find most of the savvy public actually do care who sticks needles in their face, there is far more to it than the media portray.

If you feel sooo resentful of your employers making money, then why don't you go and do a minimum 3-5 year degree then prescribing qualification which takes a year as a nurse, then pay the phenomenal insurance every year we have to pay, then the professional registration fee every year which increases more time than I change my underwear!
Rant over! You just hit my raw spot!

As I said. Anyone can learn to do botox with the relevant qualifications.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Just a quick comment on the insurance side of things nearly all insurers that I know or deal with will not cover botox unless you are a doctor or nurse. I totally agree with Chrysalis comments there shouldn't be any shortcuts.

A lot of insurances differentiate between invasive and non invasive treatments so it's worth checking before you book anything like this. After all you want to make sure you can offer your clients a safe and reliable treatment that you are qualified and insured for ;)

Even as a trained Nurse I would not consider doing botox on my clients. For me, it takes the 'risk' factor to a whole new level. Even with insurance backing, things can go so very wrong, so for me I wouldn't go there and leave it to the Doctors. :)

Latest posts

Back