Botox clinic in your salon-good idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petit Basque

Reaction score
I am a home based beauty therapist who offers advanced facials (peels, MDA, RF etc). I have a pretty good and regular client base for these facials.

I have recently had a few enquiries from my regular clients about Botox and I am thinking about getting a qualified doctor/nurse/dentist to come to my salon say once a month for a morning or whatever and hold a Botox clinic.

Is anyone already doing this and what do you and your clients think about it? I assume you charge a commission or a room rent of some kind? Has it generated new clients for you and generally, do you think it's a good idea or should I steer well clear :biggrin:?

The main impact for me is of course the fact I can't use my room when the Botox clinic is being held and that my clients can't have my advanced facials either 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after their botox, thus impacting my own business.

Any thoughts, opinions or experiences would be most welcome.

Many thanks
PB
x

It's a great idea, I used to work for a salon and we had IPL, cosmetic tattooing and Botox once a month, she used to get crazy crazy busy and it's a great investment as she used to go 50/50 with my boss

There were some suggestions some time ago that botox had to be administered in a completely sanitised environment - so somewhere that could be completely hosed down etc like an operating theatre.

I'm assuming this never came to pass as the salon near me offers botox etc and it's pretty minging!!!

We made the statement to our clients that we don't offer botox and fillers and we never will - just a path I have no interest in following, but as to the OP's question, there are a lot of places I know that seem to offer it very successfully - if slightly minging!!!

You would have to weigh up the positives and negatives for your business - is there a day you are closed etc that she could do? It would probably not be that often to begin with, so wouldn't impact too negatively on your business perhaps.
As for the peels that you can't do, you would have that problem if the clients used your botox doc or went elsewhere.

Hope that has helped a little!
Vicki x

I agree you can do it and by adjusting your protocols slightly can easily work alongside. Make sure you find the right practitioner to work with, make it clear from the outset how you want things to be, you don't want them taking your custom, it should be to enrich your services not to make life more difficult. x

Hi this is my area so to speak. Just be careful as most people who go in elsewhere are newly qualified in botox and rarely stay as working from different locations is a nightmare.
I'm looking at it from the other side. You can make some money but need to think about client aftercare too how will they contact the botox professional if only there once a month?
You also need copy of qualifications and insurance. How will they dispose of thier clinical waste and sharps?
Also how will they store the botox as mostly it needs to be kept in a pharmacy fridge, there are mobile versions of this but most don't buy them which leads to substandard results.

Food for thought!

Hi this is my area so to speak. Just be careful as most people who go in elsewhere are newly qualified in botox and rarely stay as working from different locations is a nightmare.
I'm looking at it from the other side. You can make some money but need to think about client aftercare too how will they contact the botox professional if only there once a month?
You also need copy of qualifications and insurance. How will they dispose of thier clinical waste and sharps?
Also how will they store the botox as mostly it needs to be kept in a pharmacy fridge, there are mobile versions of this but most don't buy them which leads to substandard results.

Food for thought!

My friend who is mobile in the UK uses a mobile fridge and only covers a certain radius for the reasons you have stated Chrysalis. I know she insists the few she works from have sharps and clinical waste disposal. I think working from a set clinic makes life less complicated and is preferable but sadly things are not always possible that way.

Hi PB
Years ago, I used to have Botox/Filler practitioners visit my large salon and it was a successful arrangement. The salon used to receive 20% and this would amount to a few hundred pounds for the day - a higher profit margin than employing a therapist using products etc.

You do need to ensure you take on an excellent Nurse/Doctor to offer the service, as standards do vary considerably. I have found Clients who are already having these treatments are very loyal to their usual Clinic, so would not necessarily change. Also, would the Practitioner provide/attract new Clients for your salon, or rely on your existing Clientele only? This will determine your commission structure. The best partnerships work when both people benefit.

The point about being unable to offer your Advanced facials 2 weeks before and after, you would need to juggle your appointment book accordingly. Clients would not be having Botox etc each month and these treatments will not appeal to everyone. Depending on the number of appointments (up to 12ish), you do not want all your Clients booked in during the same month. I offer similar facial treatments to yourself and I am finding clients are cancelling their botox treatments, as no longer needed!

If you would like one day a month to still be around and catch up with paperwork accounts etc, or maybe offer manicures and pedicures in a different room and still have an income stream, it would work. Plus low cost/free fillers/botox for yourself as an added bonus!

On a final note, I do not know of any home based salons offering Botox etc, so you may enter into a new area of local government registration for your clinic?

Latest posts

Back