botox courses ,dermal fillers ,pin number lapsed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilypops

Reaction score
hi everyone ,im wanting to train to administer botox injections and dermal filler but i have a problem as i was a practicing nurse for 5 years but my pin number lapsed 6 months ago ,and all the companies with courses on that ive approached i had to still be practicing .does anybody know of a course where you dont have to still be practicing or is there any way round this as to reregister will take me 18months .many thanks for reading

HI
Just joined this site and read your thead. I am a nurse prescriber and have been practising in the field of aesthetics for some time. I am sorry to say that you have to have a pin number to practise and it is most essential to have the independent precriber title also as the NMC have now called a stop to remote prescribing. This relates to botox as this is a prescribed medication however dermal fillers fall under the bracket of medical devices so it may be worth seeking out a course that is solely for dermal fillers and see how you go with that.
Hope this helps.

Hi
Most training companies will only train those with valid nmc pin, gdc or gmc number. However, if you want to enter this area you could, I would just be careful who you go to. There are a number of training companies who train beauty therapists but one is a beauty therapist herself who in no way should be teaching botox AND she cannot legally give a direction to adminster so is breaking the presciption only medicine act. The other is a mental health nurse who we believe has not got V300 status (as stated on nmc website). You won't have forgotten any skills you certainly have experience, the only thing you don't have is your pin number.

There will be tight restrictions for you however, in the fact that you will have to adhere to the POM Act. If you administer botox without the client/patient having a consultation with the prescriber YOU will be accountable for that prescription and will subsequently break the law. If you follow the restrictions by the book you will be practicing legally and can utilise your nursing skills to full effect. Also, the good point for you is that you wouldn't have the NMC breathing down your neck and tutting at you as you don't have prescribing status! However, with the IHAS now in place they are saying that you should be nurse as a minimum so it will probably be frowned upon you doing it.

If you really wanted to train then you would be better re-registering to be honest.

x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back