Botox supplies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars1

Reaction score
I am an independent nurse prescriber and thinking of starting up on my own. I have a question for other nurse prescribers - how do you get your Botox supplies, as guidance would suggest nurses can not buy Botox?

I am an independent nurse prescriber and thinking of starting up on my own. I have a question for other nurse prescribers - how do you get your Botox supplies, as guidance would suggest nurses can not buy Botox?

Hi, as an independent prescriber you have to write the prescription after undertaking the consultation, you can then administer the treatment after the pharmacy has dispensed it against the prescription and sent it to you. This is not "buying" botox this is prescribing it. Nurses cannot buy wholesale botox but they can administer and prescribe from stock if they are within the same legal entity as a Doctor.

Thanks for replies, it is now clearer! I was getting a bit confused as someone told me I could purchase direct from company, which I didn't think was right. Looking forward to my course now!

Thanks for replies, it is now clearer! I was getting a bit confused as someone told me I could purchase direct from company, which I didn't think was right. Looking forward to my course now!

No, if you were in the same legal entity as a Doctor you could prescribe from their wholesale stock (i.e. botox purchased directly from Allergan that had not been prescribed for any one patient) but you cannot buy it as a self employed nurse. Good luck with your training, if there's anything you need afterwards, just ask.

Latest posts

Back