Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchysbeauty

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone rented space out to a Botox professional in their salon? I have been approached by a fully qualified doctor who wants to rent the room out for 2 evenings a month. I dont know how much to charge as the salon would be taking appointments, advertising her to our healthy client base and obviously heating and lighting the place while she is working. Also fore-going any evening appointments that we could take

She has proposed an hour rate or a % of her gross profit which both seem quite low to me for all the work we out in and the cost that i will incur also. The salon is in an affluent area and my rent isnt cheap!

Any thoughts/advice and/or ball park figures would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Can you say what percentage she has offered. What you may think as low might actually be an acceptable rate from a practitioner! Let me know what it is and I'll give you an opinion.

If you do a search there is a long thread on this subject. It does not matter what anyone else thinks if you are not getting enough of a percentage for all that you supply then I would not go down this route. As a rule there is more money to be made from other aspects in beauty than renting space to botox practitioners. Don't be misled they would have to rent, advertise, build a clientele and reputation etc to build a successful business so a lot go around salons to save them doing so.:hug:

Not necessarily so, I have introduced clients to salons that I go into and there have been occasions where they have had a lot of money from me for a 4 hour treatment session which they would not have been able to earn otherwise.

Practitioners go into salons so that they don't have to be tied to one place, they may still be working in the NHS which wouldn't fit in with having business premises or a multitude of other reasons. This method of work is not always the best as you are constantly travelling, carting about all your products and equipment and relying in some circumstances on other businesses to effectively manage your clinic time.

It just depends whether you want to offer that service or just see it as an opportunity to make an additional income.

I am not knocking the way Botox practitioners work - it does undoubtably work for some situations. However it does not matter to the salon about their travelling arrangements or how many clinics they get to - it matters whether they get enough for their effort and space. I used to work in a salon that used a spare room for Universal Body Contour Wraps - it was very popular plus the retail. It just pays to look at all angles. It may be for you, maybe not but do not be undersold. :)

I am not knocking the way Botox practitioners work - it does undoubtably work for some situations. However it does not matter to the salon about their travelling arrangements or how many clinics they get to - it matters whether they get enough for their effort and space. I used to work in a salon that used a spare room for Universal Body Contour Wraps - it was very popular plus the retail. It just pays to look at all angles. It may be for you, maybe not but do not be undersold. :)

What I meant was new practitioners do not necessarily rely on salons to build up a business. I have built mine up, expanded, reduced when necessary. I have given up salons when they don't introduce new clients and the commission they were getting was in fact from clients I had introduced to their salon. So having the right person in can in fact increase your business. Unsuccessful clinics will not always earn you a lot and in which case it maybe better to look into other things. I'm just saying don't devalue what a medical professionals can do for you business as well as it being the other way round x

I've managed Botox and Filler clinics at salons and back then, the cut was between 15% to 20% to the salon owner.

Yes, the salon does have to arrange the clients and the docs that we had come in were a bit precious with their 'minimum number of clients required'......especially where the doc lived only a 10 min drive away. However, if you look at it this way..........the average spend is £250 for three sites of Botox and some clients would have fillers too. Therefore, working on even a 15% cut, a three hour clinic could make the salon a minimum of around £250. I doubt that you'd make that from a treatment room on a quiet Wednesday night.

Another advantage is that having a Botox and Fillers clinic will give your salon kudos and will possibly generate future business from those clients as they'll get to know you and come into your salon where they possibly wouldn't have done so before.

My advice would be to reach an agreement that works for both you and the practitioner. Go for it! xx
Ps. Get them to do your Botox free as an incentive :)

Yes, the salon does have to arrange the clients and the docs that we had come in were a bit precious with their 'minimum number of clients required'......especially where the doc lived only a 10 min drive away. However, if you look at it this way..........the average spend is £250 for three sites of Botox and some clients would have fillers too. Therefore, working on even a 15% cut, a three hour clinic could make the salon a minimum of around £250. I doubt that you'd make that from a treatment room on a quiet Wednesday night.

Another advantage is that having a Botox and Fillers clinic will give your salon kudos and will possibly generate future business from those clients as they'll get to know you and come into your salon where they possibly wouldn't have done so before.

My advice would be to reach an agreement that works for both you and the practitioner. Go for it! xx
Ps. Get them to do your Botox free as an incentive :)

laughing my head off at this. Salons do not have to arrange clients, you all must have some "lazy ass practitioners" coming into your salons if they cannot introduce their own clients! Yes commission can be quite good, but I personally think that a good clinic can generate £800 profit for the salon in a 4 hour treatment session,or is that just me and the clinics that I run? Oh well, whatever you decide, I hope it is the right thing for you and if you want to go down the body wrap route I hope it is as profitable as you think an aesthetics clinic can be. x

laughing my head off at this. Salons do not have to arrange clients, you all must have some "lazy ass practitioners" coming into your salons if they cannot introduce their own clients! Yes commission can be quite good, but I personally think that a good clinic can generate £800 profit for the salon in a 4 hour treatment session,or is that just me and the clinics that I run? Oh well, whatever you decide, I hope it is the right thing for you and if you want to go down the body wrap route I hope it is as profitable as you think an aesthetics clinic can be. x

Hold on a minute - I suggested alternate possibilities such as body wraps because at that time it was the profitable option for the salon. It does depend on the agreement that the practitioner is offering to the salon and what the salon has to provide for the percentage. All well and good if you offer a good deal for the salons you are affiliated to but some may not and do not offer such incentives, so the poster has to work out which is best for her and her business.:)

Hold on a minute - I suggested alternate possibilities such as body wraps because at that time it was the profitable option for the salon. It does depend on the agreement that the practitioner is offering to the salon and what the salon has to provide for the percentage. All well and good if you offer a good deal for the salons you are affiliated to but some may not and do not offer such incentives, so the poster has to work out which is best for her and her business.:)

Absolutely they have to work out what is best so they are getting info from aesthetics side and beauty treatment side, best of both worlds. There is absolutely no reason why they cannot offer both or more of these treatments especially if these outside companies are only coming in on a bi monthly basis x

Just out of interest, who holds the clients details and treatment plan in these situations the salon or the practitioner or both?

It is the person doing the treatment if they are self employed. So in my case it is me as it is a confidential treatment, even the salon doesn't know what they have done unless the client actually tells them. I cannot discuss what happens at all as it is against my profession. You cannot share client details due to the data protection act.

If it is an employee of a business (not self employed) then the business is responsible for holding the information. the same goes for any complaints, the salon may receive them but as the two businesses are separate entities the complaint should be managed by the injector. x

Well don't forget that I can only speak from my own experience. Yes Smooth, they must be 'lazy ass practitioners' in the Essex area then as unless they run clinics from their own premises, the salon is expected to get the clients in. Otherwise, the docs would just have the clients go direct to them surely!

How does your company work? xx

Well don't forget that I can only speak from my own experience. Yes Smooth, they must be 'lazy ass practitioners' in the Essex area then as unless they run clinics from their own premises, the salon is expected to get the clients in. Otherwise, the docs would just have the clients go direct to them surely!

How does your company work? xx

It works both ways, I have people phoning me for treatment asking where the nearest salon is and I direct them to there. So that is an introduction from me to the salon even though I am injecting them. I do get salons introducing clients also but they don't give me the majority of my work. I have my own premises but also go into salons, if they cannot get to my treatment room they have to come to one of the salons I go into. I don't mind this at all as they will be treated by me regardless of where I am. x

Latest posts

Back