Bought A Fantasy Tan Kit...have I Done The Right Thing!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Well parted with some MORE of my hard earned cash as i THINK i got a deal !!

Anyone use this system??

Are there any hints & tips that you could share with me about application of the product do's donts etc (other than exfoliate 24 hours before...dont shower for 12 hours....etc)

What colours do you use i have gone for regular...chocolate was a bit toooooo much for 'starters' !!!

Thanks in advance any advice v much appreciated!!!

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Out of interest, how much did you pay for the solution?
Just wondering as we looked at Fantasy Tan but £85 a litre seemed way too expensive, which is a shame as some of their Twinkle tans and things sounded nice.

One thing I remind customers is not to wear tight clothes beforehand that leave dents in the skin, like the tops of socks, or say tight jeans where the seams down the sides might press into the skin or something. Remember to protect the nails (hands and feet) with topcoat... get them to bend forward slightly when you're doing the backs of their legs/bum area so they don't get white 'smiles' under their bum... the same with doing the front - get larger busted ladies to stretch up with their arms to lift the boobs slightly when you do that area. And if they are having the tan done to wear with a certain outfit or bikini make sure they are aware of where the straps, neckline etc will be if they are tanning whilst wearing a bra (rather than topless), to ensure the tan lines won't show with their outfit.

Also to be very careful washing your hands during the developing time as any splashes will leave water spots on the skin - try to use wipes instead or maybe waterless gel.

HTH!! xx

Hi

OMG £85 a litre? crikey i wouldnt pay that i use heavanly bodies and st tropez both £50 a litre.

I think its £70 a litre... and the sales guy said it was buy one get one free at the moment...something they have on offer most of the time?? Could be wrong?!

At then end of the day i felt i got a deal with the compressor and the tent so if i find it un economical i can then use anybodys tanning solution! (cant i??!!??)

I loved the twinkle solution.

I thought there colour was nice compare to some others.

But i was a bit bamboozled by it all!!

A fellow geek also purchased one at the same time - so there was lots of haggling!

I'll let you know how it goes!!

Can ANYONE buy from st topez?

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Be sure to let me know how it goes hun cos I'm researching for a new supplier at the moment.

We got sent literature the other day that listed £85 a litre ex VAT which was waaay too high in my book but if they usually have BOGOF then it's the same price as most other brands.
You can certainly switch solutions if they do work out too expensive. I've currently got samples fro Su-Do, Caribbean Tan, Fake Bake and Fantasy Tan so I'll post when I know how they compare.

The Bridal tan (tan with a separate shimmer spray on) sounded lovely so if they do work out less than £85 a litre I may give them a go.

hi there

i am looking at changing my brand too. contacted bali sun and they said they charge:

1 litre Tropical = £51.70
1 litre Evolution = £67.15
Aromatherapies = £68.15

delivery under £100 is £6

i did ask them for a sample but this was not mentioned in their email. perhaps they dont give one. would be grateful if you could give me some contacts of where to get these samples from and also let me know how you get on. By the way how much do you get in sample

Kizzy

Hey Kizzy,
I contacted Su-Do through their website (www.su-do.com), for Fake Bake I rang the number on www.fakebake.co.uk and the same for Fantasy Tan and Caribbean Tan.. I will dig out the numbers later for you.
Each bottle is possibly enough to do a whole body (depends what sytem you are using) but is easily enough that you can do what we will be doing which is spraying one arm in one solution and the other in another solution, so you can compare them side-by-side.

I haven't tested them yet but I have sniffed them all from the bottle. The Caribbean tan smells really nice, it has green tea or something in it and smells a bit fruity. Fake Bake has some scent but not unpleasant, and not as strong as Solglo. Su-Do barely has any scent at all, slightly perfumey maybe. How this translates to being on the skin I don't know. Fake Bake is so far the cheapest, with Su-Do and Caribbean Tan level pegging, then Solglo after that, and Fantasy Tan way up at the top.

I never thought of doing two testers at the same time. lol. i was wondering how you would test different skins with such a small amount. I currently pay £30 a litre for coco bay. how much is the solglo, sudo and carribean per litre?

Kizzy

Solglo is £50 a litre, Su-Do and Caribbean Tan are £45 and Fake Bake is £40 for just under a litre (works out at £43 per litre).
There's enough in the testers to do an arm each on 2 or 3 people and with some of them we have asked for a second sample. We decided it was better to do a smaller area on more people and so then also be able to compare side-by-side with another tan (rather than relying on photos or memory) than to do a whole person, at least at this stage. Then we can rule out some solutions and maybe ask for a second sample of ones we like best.
To be honest I'm sure it's enough to do a whole person in an airbrush system, probably enough for an HVLP too only with them you often have to have the fill level of the solution bottle over a certain level and I'm not sure the bottles contain enough for that.
Su-Do and Caribbean tan offer two different shades whilst Solglo and Fake Bake just offer one. Su-Do has no retail products whilst all the others do, although in my personal opinion the Solglo ones are expensive and ugly-looking. The Fake Bake ones are better packaged and better value for money but still relatively expensive. Whether you can sell the retail items or not will depend on your sales pitch and the receptibility (sp?) of your customers I guess.

Are there any other Fantasy Tan users who can comment on the rest of the range and on price?

Latest posts

Back