Box colour base 6 to candyfloss pink...possible??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edenic

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

I have a customer wanting a candyfloss pink but currently has been box colouring her hair to approx base 6 with a bit of warmth (6.4ish). I've told her i don't think we'd be able to strip it to a clean enough blonde to get a nice pink without it looking dirty and wishy washy and if we did it would be too porous to hold the pink.
I was just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas?
I know i'll have to do test pieces anyway but not convinced its even worth trying!

Thanks in advance from me and my customer :)

x x

Hey Geeks!

I have a customer wanting a candyfloss pink but currently has been box colouring her hair to approx base 6 with a bit of warmth (6.4ish). I've told her i don't think we'd be able to strip it to a clean enough blonde to get a nice pink without it looking dirty and wishy washy and if we did it would be too porous to hold the pink.
I know i'll have to do test pieces anyway but not convinced its even worth trying!

x x

id always reccomend buying some clip in extensions for this. the pink will fade so quick if done on bleached hair and not look nice for long even if you did manage to make it grab. also for the sake of damaging her hair (bleaching just to put pink on top) id say reccomend a few clip in pieces of the colour she likes. but thats just my opinion. :)

If you do end up bleaching then colouring try shade 10 with a little red contrast i did this on a client but just for a fashion slice, held really well and when it did fade it didnt look too dirty just more a baby pink! Not sure what colour you use but i used a pearly shade ten in loreal cant remember exactly what it was off the top of my head though xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hey Geeks!

x x

in cases like these we retail out temporary colours with a free pair of gloves so the client can refresh the colour at home.. but its usually when they have had a slice of blonde through the front. not all over bleaching.

hth x

Thanks for your replies geeks but she really does want a global colour. I'll do a strand test and see how well it lifts. Thanks for the tip Alexandra, i use Clynol and don't think they do a pearlised 10 but i can try the flat 10.0 as a base.

x x

Latest posts

Back