Brands of monomer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sórcha

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to the nail industry and was looking some advice......I have been trained with nail harmony products and my kit contains the same. I have ran out of monomer and went to buy more online and discovered this brand is very expensive, I wanted to know can I use a different brand of monomer (cheaper) with my nail harmony products, any advice would be great. Thanks:rolleyes:

Hi :)
I would never recommend that you mix brands, especially not with your liquid and powder system, this can lead to problems such as product breakdown ( your clients nails may experience problems such as breaking, lifting, cracking, chipping etc...)
Also there is a risk of 'overexposure' when mixing brands, which could lead to your client suffering adverse reactions...
And on top of these problems it could ruin your reputation as a technician.
Many clients are very quick to not allow technicians a second chance if a problem arises, So you could face losing clients too,...Who may then tell friends etc. etc.....

I DID mix brands once, One monomer with another polymer, only while practicing on tips, as I didn't want to 'waste my good stuff' ... what happend ! well it would NOT set, It just stayed rubbery on the tip, and would not harden up whatsoever.
Imagine the embarrassment if this happend while working on a client :eek:

If you are working out your prices correctly you really shouldn't find the price a problem.

Also you can make really large savings the larger you buy.
You could perhaps speak to your supplier and I am sure they will be able to help you with you price per service etc..

Emma x

Sorcha, products lines are usually "systems" designed to work together. It isn't recommended mixing them. If you like the product, it's worth biting the bullet and purchasing the product. If you think by doing some research and getting advice on another product line/system that is maybe a little bit less expensive but still good quality may be a good option for you, go for it. Always remember when it comes to what we do, you get what you pay for. :)

Always remember when it comes to what we do, you get what you pay for. :)

Absolutely !!
Harmony is a top end product which gives great results and longevity, saving you time and money when it comes to infills/maintenance appointments. I have found it to be a very cost effective system.

Surely you were aware of the product costs when you booked your training?

Hi all, thank you for your help and guidence, it is much appreciated, really enjoying the nails so dont wanna mess it up.

As for the "surely I knew the cost of the product?" comment, I actually didnt as our instructor had changed to Nail Harmony just before the course, to which we werent aware. Please be aware I was looking advice from the people in the know, not to feel patronised for acuallly asking for help before I tried it on a member of the public. This said, I appreciate you taking the time to reply anyway.

Sorcha. xx:D

My comment was not just aimed at you Sorcha, your training provider should have sent you out full information on their courses including a catalogue to let you see the future costs of your products.
Also if your training provider changed brands after you booked then out of courtesy they should have let you know and given you the choice of cancelling or carrying on with the new brand.
As it is you have trained in a top end product and should be proud of it and once you have some experience I am sure all your clients will appreciate it.
Good Luck.

does this include primers, santizers, cleansers, base coats and top coats and is it applicable to gels i assume it is??

Latest posts

Back