Brazilian/Hollywood

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Tottie

Reaction score
Hi

I am asking you what your Brazilian/Hollywood waxing includes? Hot wax/soft wax and would like to know your reasons why?

The reason why I am asking is because i saw another thread and a lady do brazilian for 15 mins and I am just wondering cos I cannot do a brazilian in 15 mins but wondering if i am being slow, despite me doing this for 4 years (thought it was three but no its four years - pregnancy brain!)

My Brazilian includes:

Trimming hairs, Bum hole (butt crack), labia (inside and out), bum and a landing strip. - this takes me approx 30-60 minutes, depending on how big/small the pubic mound (i do believe this makes a huge difference!!)

My Hollywood includes:
Same as brazilian, but all off. no landing strip. This also takes me 30-60 mins depending on the sizes of pubic mound.

If it was a regular client, I may do in less time, cos hairs becomes more sparse, softer..

I use Perron Rigot for all kind of waxing. Hot/Hard wax for intimate areas and facial waxing,(sometimes underarms) soft wax for other areas.

I do this way and use this way because I have been taught this way.

I charge £25 for brazilian and hollywood as i feel they both require same amount of work apart from the landing strip - is that ok? Should i charge more/less? I think I am really good lol!! I use premium products and value my initmate waxing techniques highly.

I may undertake male waxing (getting far too many requests from potential male clients) once my baby is born in six weeks time...

I know some therapists/salon do not incorporate butt crack, bum in brazilian waxing..

Should this be implemented? Clarified further?
So come on girls/guys, what do you do with your clients and why?

Looking forward to receive your replies.

xxxxx

I allow 30 mins for Braz or Hollywood and some take me 15 mins and some take me 29 mins but never longer. If you allow yourself 45 mins, you'll take 45 mins. xx

Erm, I get a brazilian done and she only does the front part, nothing underneath or round the back! What's the correct way? Is she not doing a proper job? Xx

Thats what I am asking, i am wondering what therapists do for a "Brazilian" or "Hollywood" ?

I am not saying your therapist is not doing an incorrect job, just i feel i need to understand what geeks intimate waxing therapist incorporate?

Should there be extra clarification? Should I do Brazilian just as front and landing strip and Hollywood for all off?

To be honest I thought (what you described) was a Brazilian so when I left the salon I felt a mixture of relief/disappointment! Lol. I also want to train in this so for now I can't be any help. One thing though I was only in there for about 10 mins and have not been back as I could easily do that myself! Where what you do I certainly couldn't! Lol.

I know this isn't the same as other therapists understanding but it is how I started and its stuck with me:

Brazilian - thin line of hair down the front and over labia all off everywhere else including all around bottom.

California - landing strip as thin as client desires, everything else off including inside labia and all around bottom.

Hollywood - everything off, everywhere.

Not a single hair left where it is not supposed to be.

Final test is feeling for hair (that can't be seen but can be felt) against growth direction, if I can feel it I can tweeze it.

Usually 30 to 40 minutes for Hollywood.

Jacqui xx

in our salon the variations are:

English - knickerline (15 mins)
french -just the top bit taken to a strip (15 mins)
brazillian -like french but ass to! (30 -40 mins)

I dont often do the waxing so i take longer but these are the times allowed for the ones who do it, and they all do strip wax x

Erm, I get a brazilian done and she only does the front part, nothing underneath or round the back! What's the correct way? Is she not doing a proper job? Xx

That's not a proper Brazilian. Every hair from inside the bitt, the buttocks if needed, the outer labia and inner labia. Basically every single hair is ripped out apart from a spatula width of hair left on the pubic mound. A Hollywood is that but with no hair left at all. x

Lovebeauty, why not message Kim and ask her for the contact of someone she trained in your area..then try them out and compare..! I hope that therapist hasn't been charging you full price for that! Tis surely only half a job?

I was charged £16?! Ironically I went to another salon a couple if years ago and that girl didn't do more than a 'french' by the sound of it too!! I ended up feeling really paranoid as i'd read about it and thought I knew what it consisted of, but I was too embarrassed to question it! Lol. Oh I feel irked now!

yeah i agree have training with kim, she's really good. i was taught by her!

Ok I'll stick to my brazilians and hollywoods then! glad everyone is going the same way xxx but will try and get my timings down to 45 mins for a new client - which includes full consulation and record cards, and 20-30 mins for regular cos i talk too much!! but i love talking to my clients, not like i can hear cos i can't!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just tried to PM Kim and it said I wasn't allowed! Why are the fates against me having a Brazilian wax? Lol.

Just gonna jump on this post, I hope that's ok.

I want a Hollywood. But I'm scared it'll hurt.

Is there a way that my beautician could do the bum, bikini and sort of work in?

So if I had had enough, it would look tidy?

So i wouldn't need to shave? And could possibly do it in a couple of sittings?

I'm just so scared it'll hurt!!

Plus I don't think I could leave myself completely unshaven for 4 weeks...

I hope this makes sense.

Sorry to jump on your post OP. X

Just gonna jump on this post, I hope that's ok.

I want a Hollywood. But I'm scared it'll hurt.

Is there a way that my beautician could do the bum, bikini and sort of work in?

So if I had had enough, it would look tidy?

So i wouldn't need to shave? And could possibly do it in a couple of sittings?

I'm just so scared it'll hurt!!

Plus I don't think I could leave myself completely unshaven for 4 weeks...

I hope this makes sense.

Sorry to jump on your post OP. X
Find a good therapist near you and talk to them about it. I've had clients who want to go for it but are scared. So I start with doing the back as I always would. Then turn them over and tell them I'll work my way in. If they're up to it, we'll go for the fully braz/hollywood and if it's too painful, we'll stop and I'll call it an extended bikini. They've always ended up with a full brazilian, as they find it's really not as bad as they think.

I book a Brazilian/Hollywood for a half hour slot but usually only takes 20mins. I agree with the above- brazillian everything of other than a strip, and including bum area. I charge £24 for brazzillian and £27 for Hollywood. X

Can one of you lovely ladies who charge less for doing a brazillian than they do a hollywood wax explain why please? I charge the same for both whether a landing strip is left or not. Is it just me, but I think its easier to do a Hollywood as I haven't got to think about leaving any hair. So why charge more when I think its easier to do?

What do you find is the most important to clients....the time it takes or less painful technique if had to choose? X

I charge more just because I took over a salon and they had charged more so I stuck with it, I find a lot of salons do, maybe because you are removing more hair therefore using more product.

I, as a not-waxing-geek have wondered about that actually. 5€ worth more product, time and labour? Maybe. But 15€? I have figured there must be another explanation...

Latest posts

Back