Brazilian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I've never wanted to do intimate waxing I've always been grossed out by it, but I get asked about it so much that I think it could be very lucrative for my business. I really think that if I had a go I could get over my barriers, it seems to be a very popular treatment. I've looked on Kim Lawless's website and it looks good. Would also like more waxing clients in general and think this could be a way to get them. I love "normal" waxing.
Has anyone else been "converted" from a definite no to a maybe? For those who do it, do you find it good for business?
Thanks. Xxx

I am the opposite to you. I had no problems with the idea of intimate waxing.
Did the Kim Lawless training.
Hated it, hated doing it on clients, have now took it off my menu, which is a shame but with confidence knocked it isn't something I can rush back to.
On the plus side I now use euroblonde for all facial, underarm and bikini waxes which clients love.

Sent from my SM-T310 using SalonGeek mobile app

What is it that you didn't like? Is it very tricky to get the hang of?
Xxx

Intimate waxing treatments are very popular and you will make a lot more money offering these treatments than doing standard body waxing as they are often much quicker and clients will pay for a good service.

Also if you don't offer Intimate waxing treatments you may lose some customers as clients will have to go somewhere else and it's often easier to have one therapist for everything.

What is it that you didn't like? Is it very tricky to get the hang of?
Xxx

I just don't like it.
I have no passion to do it. Would dread it if client asked for it.
Maybe I had clients who themselves have knocked my confidence.

Also if you don't offer Intimate waxing treatments you may lose some customers as clients will have to go somewhere else and it's often easier to have one therapist for everything.

I agree I do feel im missing out in a way but I think I have now developed a phobia to do the treatment again. I had a few tricky waxes and it put me right off.

Noone got injured but the experiences have left me with a feeling of dread.

Also got to admit we can't all be good at everything. I trained with one of the industry's best but it didn't work out for me.

To the OP - you could be me.
I never had any desire to learn Brazilian waxing. When people asked if I did it I would laugh and say "Would you?". After many years in the industry, and managing to get by without doing Brazilians, I was quite comfortable with a bit off the sides, maybe the top and under the leg if they were feeling racy.

My daughter joined the business about 2 years ago, and I thought I had my trainee Brazilian waxer, but she was SO not interested. Eventually I bit the bullet and booked onto Kims course. I have never had a Brazilian before and the thought of getting my bits out (bearing in mind my bits are 50 years old) left me a bit cold. The welcome we all got from Kim was great, and put us at ease. Initially I was shocked at the graphicness of it all - you touch noonies, there is no escaping this, but you wear gloves - what a diff they make!

Many months on, and I have loads of Brazilians under my belt. I have a great rep for doing a great job. My friend asked how I felt fiddling about in peoples undercarriages. It sounds strange, but I love it! I love doing a thorough job and having ladies leave hugely pleased with their tidy bits.

It is one of the best, most lucrative things I have done!

Vicki x

To the OP - you could be me.
I never had any desire to learn Brazilian waxing. When people asked if I did it I would laugh and say "Would you?". After many years in the industry, and managing to get by without doing Brazilians, I was quite comfortable with a bit off the sides, maybe the top and under the leg if they were feeling racy.

My daughter joined the business about 2 years ago, and I thought I had my trainee Brazilian waxer, but she was SO not interested. Eventually I bit the bullet and booked onto Kims course. I have never had a Brazilian before and the thought of getting my bits out (bearing in mind my bits are 50 years old) left me a bit cold. The welcome we all got from Kim was great, and put us at ease. Initially I was shocked at the graphicness of it all - you touch noonies, there is no escaping this, but you wear gloves - what a diff they make!

Many months on, and I have loads of Brazilians under my belt. I have a great rep for doing a great job. My friend asked how I felt fiddling about in peoples undercarriages. It sounds strange, but I love it! I love doing a thorough job and having ladies leave hugely pleased with their tidy bits.

It is one of the best, most lucrative things I have done!

Vicki x

This was great to read. I'm booked on next month and have been wondering if I will be able to carry out the treatment afterwards. Great to hear it's ok. For me it's not other peoples as I can get into the frame of mind that it's work it's just getting mine out! Argh!

Hear hear Squidger
I also trained with Kim and from the start she put us all at ease.
My 'bits' were about 50 years old too when I got them out in front of the other (younger) therapists, but everyone was busy learning, chatting about technique & wax etc.
I've got quite a few clients now and it doesn't faze me at all

when I did kims course there was younger therapists and more mature ones. Our pairs we got into were very diverse. Nothing to be afraid of after10 mins of having it out. It's a sort after treatment, learn it, love it and people will seek you out! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was the same as Squidgernetball, I booked Kim's speed waxing and had no real interest in intimate. Had never been waxed myself either. The intimate was the next day and in the end I thought I didn't want to go for one day and then wish I'd been for both so I booked it. Best thing I ever did!!! It's my favourite thing!! It's now what I'm known for in my town and I only trained in November! I'm getting new clients by recommendation every day and I love it. I can feel myself getting so much more confident every day and have no fear of ladies bits at all, I just get in there and get rid of the hair. Most lucrative treatment I offer too so that helps.

I couldn't do it. Ever.

The thought of it brings me out in a cold sweat. Pretty similar to Shellac manicures. I do wonder what i'm doing in this industry. I don't like much.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I couldn't do it. Ever.

The thought of it brings me out in a cold sweat. Pretty similar to Shellac manicures. I do wonder what i'm doing in this industry. I don't like much.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Phew. Imagine virtues waxing your lady bits.

You'd end up doing an anti ageing treatment while you were at it lol x

Phew. Imagine virtues waxing your lady bits.

You'd end up doing an anti ageing treatment while you were at it lol x

Haha, and a calming massage.
I'm very interested to see everyones opinions, I was talking to one of my Shellac clients about it last night and she wants me to go for it and asked if she can be a regular for it if I go ahead. I spoke to a lady at Kim Lawless this morning and she was lovely, I think I'm going to just go for it, if I don't I'll never know.
I will literally do whatever it takes to push my business forward, I think you have to move out of your comfort zone in order to grow.

I trained with Kim a couple of years ago. Went self employed last summer and after a slow first 6 months I'm getting much busier doing mainly Brazilians.
Despite my town having a gazillion beauty salons I'm one of the few offering Brazilian waxing. Word is getting round and I'm definitely seeing more new clients through the door.
I love waxing and intimate is definitely my most lucrative treatment.
I'm the same as virtues, shellac gives me the fear! I can do a nice neat job but I really don't enjoy do, actually think I'm coming to hate doing nails.
I say do it, it's good for business!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd love to do Kim lawless intimate waxing but I'm pregnant with my 4th child and would love to have had this as something I could carry on with when having a little baby (evenings and weekends etc) but doubt I could do the course being pregnant as I have SPD and can't move my legs in certain positions.

I may ring and ask about it. If I could take a model I would book it tomorrow!

Jemima :)

I'd love to do Kim lawless intimate waxing but I'm pregnant with my 4th child and would love to have had this as something I could carry on with when having a little baby (evenings and weekends etc) but doubt I could do the course being pregnant as I have SPD and can't move my legs in certain positions.

I may ring and ask about it. If I could take a model I would book it tomorrow!

Jemima :)

Yu can still be waxed if you're pregnant but if you ring and speak to Caroline, Kim's PA I'm sure you would be able to take a model if you don't feel comfortable being waxed whilst pregnant. X

I'm going to train with Kim lawless on the 25th of june, I feel like a small child going on an adventure, trains, hotel, London woop woop :D
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I trained with Kim a couple of years ago and it's the best money I have ever spent. My waxing only business is 2 years old next month and I'm turning people away as I am so busy. I just added up that I did 90 brazilians (all off) last month (+ other areas) - I could do more but I only work part time as I have a toddler.

People will recommend a good brazilian/intimate waxer - invest in good training, good products and charge accordingly.

At the end of the day it's just another part of the body to whip the hair out of :)

Latest posts

Back