brazilian waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kermit

Reaction score
I'm going on a course in a couple of weeks time to do a brazilian course with my mum

we have to practice on each other which is fine - I just wanted to know what the best length to have your hair when you go - can you trim it down to about 5mm or is that too short??

thanks

Kelx

I would leave it so that your trainer can teach you how to trim as that's important. If you don't want to, trim it to under 1cm. Good luck with your course. xxx

We need at least 1/4" of length (the length of a grain of rice), or 3 weeks after the last time you shaved.

I would leave it so that your trainer can teach you how to trim as that's important. If you don't want to, trim it to under 1cm. Good luck with your course. xxx
I would go with what Kimmi says - fab advice as always :hug: xx

We need at least 1/4" of length (the length of a grain of rice), or 3 weeks after the last time you shaved.

3 WEEKS??? Are you kidding i'd be a yetti by then my bikini line can go from baby bare to 1/4" in 3 days never mind weeks...

Maybe it would be better not to advise a time scale as we are all different in our growth.

xxx

3 WEEKS??? Are you kidding i'd be a yetti by then my bikini line can go from baby bare to 1/4" in 3 days never mind weeks...

Maybe it would be better not to advise a time scale as we are all different in our growth.

xxx

Well, in my 10yrs of waxing, it has definetly been my experience, that anything less than that makes it difficult to successfully remove all the hair. More is better than less. And you will get better results in the end.

Well, in my 10yrs of waxing, it has definetly been my experience, that anything less than that makes it difficult to successfully remove all the hair. More is better than less. And you will get better results in the end.

I completely agree with you regarding the length i'm just saying we all grow at different rates my family are all really fast growers if we shave then we are at waxing length in about 3-4 days.

A few of my friends / clients are the same.. Could be something in the water in Scotland lol

I just thought we should let this girl know that if the hair is at the correct length before your 3 week timescale then she can still go get waxed rather than her turn into a yetti because someone told her to wait 3 weeks.

thanks my lovelies all really good advice

I will let you know how it goes - I'm REALLY nervous!! I do normal bikini waxing but this is gonna be a really ouchy!! lol! xx

im with huberella on this one. would always recommend 3 weeks growth or at the very very least 2 weeks never any less. some clients have gone against my advice and got me to wax them earlier only to find the results are not as good as they wanted. it really does pay to wait thoses extra few days.
ciara

With any waxing I tell my clients the hair should be at least long enough to just grasp between thumb and finger

Latest posts

Back