Bridal hair & make up pricing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruby6

Reaction score
Put this on here as it doesn't fit into one category. Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to get my price list together and every time I think I have it nailed I think of another reason it may not be right

Can people give me even a rough idea how they work out prices for bridal hair &/or make up?
Do you charge less for bridesmaids & trials
When you do a trial do you do a quicker/less polished go at an upstyle so you and bride are on same page?
For hair do you have a set fee or how do you price up bearing in mind some may prefer a simple blowdry and others a very intricate upstyle and everything in between
For make up do you charge the bridesmaids the same?
Do you include lashes?

If you do both hair & make up do you combine a discounted price.
Or do you do a set for for up to so many people?

Do you charge a call out fee? I've so many questions on how this could work

Most enquiries want a price before you see them which is like a builder giving A quote before seeing the job IMO. Some will say "oh just a really simple upstyle" so the quote is less and then show you a picture of a massively intricate time consuming upstyle!

Hiya, to give you an idea I charge a set price for bridal hair and a set price for make up- if both are booked together then I offer £5 off. I then charge per person for " additional people" whether it be mob or bm etc. I charge a deposit to hold the wedding date and this comes off the balance on the day. A trial is separate, again a set price for hair, make up and then additional people on top. I specify that a trial is up to 90 minutes and unlimited hairstyles can be tried, I tend to use less products do the hair can be easily switched and always ask for pics before hand. Obv a trial is longer if they're having make up too. Many people book this on their hen night so it's worth the spend. I have to have a fully completed booking form prior to the day do I know exactly how much/ how many etc as there's always a few hangers on who say " can you just do this" to which I reply ( if time allows) " of course, it's x per person" at which point they often realise they can do their own! I include travel up to ten miles, after that 45p per mile return journey , however for large bridal booking I sometimes waiver travel or discount it. In terms of style I don't charge dependant on what they want, it's a flat fee. Although some brides like something more intricate I think it would be very hard to say " that's more detail so an extra £x" ....I can pretty much create most styles in the one hr I allow for bridal hair on the day, ESP if a trial has taken place so I know exactly what I'm doing . Hope this helps x

Thanks curlygirl. I need to sit and just get this pinned down and stop thinking what ifs! Lol! And pre booking form is fab idea thank you

I alway have a contract for the trial and the wedding day.

I don't personally do unlimited looks, as feel it encourages brides to be indecisive and they can get overwhelmed.

Instead i limited the number of looks and get them to send 2/3 pictures of hair/makeup looks so it gets them thinking about what they really want.

I find this fare more productive for everyone involved.

I charge a fixed price for bridal hair including trial. No trial means no booking - just tooooo stressful!

I take a deposit on booking, balance is paid on the day of the trial. Hair and trial are both 1 hour bookings, then I have an hourly rate for longer trials (tends to focus their minds a bit!). I can normally try two or three looks on the trial but I encourage them to really think about what they like beforehand and they can send me pics ahead. I take photos when we've decided on the look, and that's what they get on the day - no messing!

Same with bridesmaids, though you can't insist on a trial if they're coming from out of the area. On my booking form it says that if there's no trial they have to show a greater degree of flexibility.

I offer a cheaper blow-dry price if they book and pay with the wedding party for mother of the bride, aunty nelly, etc.

I charge a set price for the bride and it includes the trial and make up on the day. The trial can last however long it takes to get exactly what she wants. I charge £25 per bridesmaid on the day and if they want a trial it's £25 too.

It there are more than 4 BM's then I offer a discount.

I don't do hair I'm afraid so cant comment. However the hairdressers I've worked with have varied a great deal so I think it's tricky x

Do you think 25% deposit is enough to take? O one hand I am thinking no because it's too easy for them to cancel but on other hand I don't want to be spending too much money on work I haven't done yet. And are you strict on it being non refundable?

I think 25% is perfectly fine! I charge that. I tell them it's non refundable but I've only had 3 people cancel at the last minute and each time it's been under terrible circumstances so I've refunded.
That's just me though!
Ultimately, the 25% should cover the trial, then if she does cancel Latinate etc you've technically not lost anything. I wouldn't leave a deposit of more than 25% for something myself x

Latest posts

Back