Bridal make up - and it’s a snow day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoulderviola

Reaction score
I have a bride that booked her wedding a year ago with us. Paid a 50% deposit and signed a contract. With the weather as it is - snow storms. (I’m based in South Wales on a mountain). I don’t think I can travel to the bride safely tomorrow morning in my little mini - and I’m 4 months pregnant.
What do I do with the deposit? It’s technically not the brides fault or my own but it’s is something that has never happened to me. Please help with what to do
Thank you
Laura

In circumstances like this, maybe contact your insurance first as you probably will be liable as you have a contractual obligation that you have to fulfill and you have also taken a deposit. I was taking to a wedding planner about the snow, and she said if we don't turn up and its snowing doesn't matter if they have to walk to the venue they still have to get there as its been booked that far in advance. Otherwise they in turn are open for disagreements and can ask for compensation, that staff didn't turn up, caterers, flowers etc. Everything still resumes as normal unless they back out. Contact your insurance and see what you can do first as obviously the bride will have to find a replacement. good luck xoxo

I'd contact your insurance firstly & see what they say. If the amount she has paid is not a lot (but I imagine its a substantial amount with you saying 50%) then I'd probably honour it on this occasion and cut your losses so she can find a replacement.

I'm not too sure personally what I would do as I have never been in that situation, this is extreme weather at the minute!
Pregnancy wise I'd say you are right to be cautious. I'm currently 6 months pregnant and have closed my salon today and yesterday as it isn't worth the risk and a simple bump in the car etc whilst pregnant is just simply not worth it! I can't even get off my driveway at the minute! Plus the stress of if you get stuck whilst out. What have local highways/police etc advised for your area in regards to travelling?

I do remember seeing in another mua's terms and conditions that I trained with that she specified if there are amber/red warnings she will not be attending the wedding, and that the deposit is still non-refundable as its an act of god/bad weather/out of her own hands. She was however pretty ruthless haha, her terms said all sorts about where she will and won't work, who she will and won't work with etc. So this extreme weather has made me think I need to adjust mine accordingly and advise others to do so, as otherwise we are unable to get to clients/brides but then out of pocket when its out of our hands.

Latest posts

Back