Brides Nails in Knutsford, Cheshire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noosha04

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can anyone help me? I've had a set of acrylics done for my wedding, and they're awful.. I'm getting married in two weeks time and I'm not sure what to do.

The place I had my nails done is the same place I'm having my facials done, and I don't think I can go in and say "these aren't good enough for my wedding day". When I had them done, from a distance, they looked great. But since inspecting them, the acryic isn't smoothly moulded in, there are chunks missing on most nails. Five of my nails are too "fat" - not very nice to look at - they don't look natural, and they are all different lengths.

I so desperately wanted beautifl thin nails, with glitter tips - and I've got french tips with glitter polish. Just not what I wanted, and I'm really unhappy about them. What's your advice, and is there anyone that could help me get a new set?

Many thanks

i'm really sorry to here about your nails - it would be bad enough any time, but for your wedding...
i certainly would go in and say these aren't good enough - but as to whether you'd want them to rectify or not is another question...
i'm sure when fellow geeks get in from work and log on, you'll get loads of replies recommending nail technicians.
best of luck sorting them out and have a lovely wedding (a christmas wedding, you lucky thing!)

Thanks Dianne,

I'm such a coward, and I hate confrontation - especially as I "wowed" them after she had finished... I'm also just worried that I'm being too much of a perfectionist, and I should just accept what I've got (but I know deep down they could have been much better).

Thanks for your kind words and support.. Yes, you're right - I think I am lucky getting married at Christmas I'm really looking forward to it, really cosy and chrismassy - gorgeous! :Love:

If you dont want to go in and say "these are terrible", you could just say that you're used to short nails and you cant get on with long ones, and could they take them off. then you can go somewhere else and get them done nicely.

as for where to go, ask your friends if they can reccomend anyone, or stop people in the street- random people ask me where i get mine done all the time!

Thanks for you advice JessBoo.. That's a really good idea - I like it - a bit "sharky" I thought, very sneaky!

I have PM you!!!!

why not give creative in leeds a ring 0113 275 5719 - they hold a data base of creative master technicians and would be able to give you names/number of master technicians in your area. If they are creative trained you atleast will be assured of great training and products....
have read your profile and can see you are fairlu new to nails yourself, but don't be afraid to say that you know some about nails!
good luck

theres also lell aka lesley i think she is cheshire to

I know that it is so hard to go back and complain, but if I had done a set that you weren't happy with I'd want to know about it and be given the chance to sort it out. We all have bad/off days and you have spent good money on them. Give them the opportunity to rectify it for you free of charge as soon as possible, if you still aren't happy then go elsewhere, but give them a chance to redeem themselves. HTH

Thanks Joanne... anyone else? :biggrin:

I am in Cheshire if you what me to take a look and give my honest opinion please pm me. I will be happy to help ;)

Im based in Helsby, near Frodsham if I can do anything...

Latest posts

Back