Bright coloured hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamp Venom

Reaction score
Hi,

Last year I decided to dye my hair bright red and my hair was already dyed (black, natural hair is medium-dark brown)

I first used the "Colour B4" colour remover from Superdrug and my hair went a light brown/ginger colour, then I bleached all of my hair to get it even lighter which went to a brighter ginger then I used a natural dye called Manic Panic.

The results were amazing and I loved it so much (even the upkeep!) but over the time I had my hair red, it went from being mid back length to shoulder length (my hair was just snapping from the ends) so I got all of the dead hair cut off and dyed it dark again in October last year.

Now... I know this is stupid but I really really want it red again, and when I say red I mean pillar box red!

How can I go about getting this result without damaging my hair? I was thinking, maybe I can do the colour remover again as this didn't seem to damage my hair, then just put the red on without bleach.

Then I can bleach my roots as they come in (it might be a shade lighter but im not too fussed about that)

Any help or advice would be highly appreciated!! Thank you!

I'm sorry but we can't give advise to a non pro with DIY over the counter products.

I really wouldn't attempt this process again yourself. Go to a professional salon where a fully trained hairdresser and do this for you with minimal damage to your hair.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you, I thought I could still get advice based on the name of the forum:

Consumer Queries Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?

Thanks anyway :)

Thank you, I thought I could still get advice based on the name of the forum:

Consumer Queries Not a salon professional (or aspiring one!) but need some professional advice?

Thanks anyway :)

Yes, we can give you professional advice and our professional advice is to go to a salon to get this done. You will really damage your hair if you keep using colour removers and bleach, or you could go to a college as this will be a cheaper option for you and will help the trainees with colour correction x

I am absolutely cringing here, please go to a pro, didn't you learn your lesson the first time?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha - I guess I didn't learn my lesson!

I put on the colour remover last night and unfortunately, It didn't remove as much colour as I wanted, although it how has a lovely auburn dip dye effect and the condition is surprisingly better than it was before!

I've decided not to bleach my own hair and I'm going to get it lightened at a salon before I go red.

What do you think the hairdresser will recommend? Will they bleach my whole hair? or do it in stages?

Is the bleach in Salons the same as it is in the shops? I feel that my hair will end up damaged no matter which way I go, but I am following your advice and I'm going to go to a salon :)

Thanks,
VV xx

Make sure you tell the salon you have removed at home. Don't be surprised if a good stylist refuses to do it.

Latest posts

Back