Bring your kids plus free drinks & toast anyone?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Min

Reaction score
Hi

Would you think a one therapist, home salon would benefit by allowing well behaved children and offering free hot/cold drinks and toast?

Toast will be offered to clients having pedicures.
A colouring sheet n colours will be provide for the children.
Drinks offered to everyone.

By doing the above do you think the home salon will bring in more clients or do you think as long as the treatment is good - there is no need.

You wont know in advance which children are well behaved and which will be naughty, and even if you did, you would surely be discriminating. Anyway, everyone's kids are the best behaved kids in the world (sarcasm alert!)

I would think that some people would rather relax away from them whilst having a manicure/pedicure. Then there is an issue with insurance if they damage anything, or they hurt themselves climbing up your bookcase/jumping on your settee/ annoying the cat.

Sorry that I cant be more positive. Might just be me though.

I think it's a good idea. You get single mums who can't pass on thier child for a short while. I work from home and would let someone bring their child, I'd make sure I'd have colours and sheets and stick some kids channels on the TV. Children don't bother me in the slightest seeming though I was a nanny when I left school :) xxx

The only kids that have been in my home salon have been very well behaved and have actually wanted to help! I let them by pressing the button to turn my LED lamp on lol, I had an older kid,13 I think, in and he was obviously bored out his mind so I gave him my iPad to play games on :) don't think I could have children in my home salon all the time though, too much stress for the mums/me/my things lol! Maybe try it out though, insurance permitting? X

Im going to a party on Friday and need to get my hair done but am minding my nephew all day so if I knew of a place that was children friendly I would definitely go there. As regards to toast maybe in the winter you could do a "winter warmer" instead. For example a hot cup of tea with cookies or a hot chocolate with marshmallows. And in the summer you could mix juice with sparkling water or provide some fruit salad.xxx

Little girls love coming with their mums to my home salon, they get drinks, biscuits and I have a basket of Barbie Dolls and accessories to play with. Most of them are lovely, quite inquisitive but on the whole, well behaved. Mums love it when their kids are made a fuss of and many of them book little treatments for their kids and sometimes pamper parties for their birthdays. Wishing you every success :) x

Latest posts

Back