brisa finishing gel problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
well girls, i need abit of help with the brisa finishing gel problem im having, ive been practicing tonight and when i put the finishing gel on, and cured it - they looked uneven, popped bubbles and overall looked awful. i thought this might be due to me putting it on too thin so i removed it, then applied it again but this time put it on abit thicker, but the same thing happened...... could someone please tell me what im doing wrong!! i only done the brisa conversion last month, and still practicing till i get it right before i advertise that i do the gel.

any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks a million

H Glynis. AS you probably know I use LCN and not Brisa, but you can get the same probs with the LCN finishing gel (sealant). It is often if you have applied unevenly, which you think you have corrected.

But with the LCN gel if you get Cleaner (scrub fresh equivalent) left on the surface before you apply the sealant then this can cause the uneven finish, likewise if you clean your brush with it. I have a special brush that I use only for applying the sealant layer and I never clean it with Cleaner ( I will probably get slated now for saying that I don't clean my brush lol!). I just wipe it clean after each client and then put it in an opaque box so that the gel will not harden on the brush. Also when I have buffed the nail after applying and curing the builder gel I don't scrubfresh this either, just give it a good brush off, and use my cuticle push to clean any gubbins left in the cuticle area and then apply sealant.

HTH

When you apply your finishing gel, make sure that the nail is dust free, buffed smooth(but not buffed to a glass smooth finish,the finishing gel still needs to be able to grip the coating) then dust the nail with the white dusting brush that comes in the kit...dont' use scrubfresh or the like its not needed....and don't check the nail with your fingertips to see if it is smooth, oils can be transfered to the nail and it will stop good adhesion of the finishing gel.. apply your finishing gel and bob's your uncle and shiney nails is your aunt....

Nailsinlondon1 said:
When you apply your finishing gel, make sure that the nail is dust free, buffed smooth(but not buffed to a glass smooth finish,the finishing gel still needs to be able to grip the coating) then dust the nail with the white dusting brush that comes in the kit...dont' use scrubfresh or the like its not needed....and don't check the nail with your fingertips to see if it is smooth, oils can be transfered to the nail and it will stop good adhesion of the finishing gel.. apply your finishing gel and bob's your uncle and shiney nails is your aunt....

thanks for that ruth flower,
i cleaned the nails with scrubfresh. ( how stupid am i) now i know the prob i wont be doing that again

I always do two layers of Brisa's uv finishing gloss, I drag the first layer really thin like I would with a first layer of enamel, then after curing and without removing the inhibition layer do the second layer which I float on a bit more (but keep it nice and thin) to make sure its all covered..... I find this ensures no missed areas and its nice and even.

HTH

Latest posts

Back