Brisa French NNO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
I have a client tomorrow who has fab strong natural nails, great length and shape. She has a problem with polish not lasting says it always chips within 3/4 days and she want a French Mani that will last a fortnight while she is on hols. Her friend has Tip & Brisa overlay from me and she wants the same permanant french but on her natural nail and she wants it to feel like her own nail. She doesnt need a NNO for strength - her nails are really strong.
My question ~ would a french mani like Brisa toes, using Brisa pink for bonder (I sometimes skip this stage for toes) Paint On White and then UV Gloss would work on fingers?
Has anyone done this before?
MTIA
KxXx

hi hun,
yes you would have to use either clear or pink builder gel to the nail after liquid bond, making sue you cap the free edges, then apply white gel paint and finish with uv gloss gel. i have tried the brisa toes way and it didn't last as long as doing the overlay way, (if you get what i mean). x

Thanks Cheryl, yes I get you - thats what I meant, just didnt write it very clearly - its been a long day!!
Do you find this method lasts?
Thanks for your help Babes
KxXx

yes its last better than the other way as fingers do more than toes do, even on toes i use builder gels.
you never know hun, your lady could be one of your regular infill customers.
i'm sure she will love the fact she dosen't have to do anything apart from solar oil-ing her nails daily and a 2/3 week app to rebalance to keep her french manicure look. x

Thanks Cheryl - thats what I am hoping for, show her how low maintainance a French can be and she will be hooked.
Thanks KxXx

Still on the same subject of NNO, what if the client had short nail beds how would you extend this with gel?

there is a recipe somewhere on here that Ruth did for a brisa mix

Basically its paint on white mixed with pink....it gives nice coverage just dont mix up a big pot and use it to build with as its not as strong as if you dont mix it !

Ask nailstyle she did have some pics of it - real nice colour - custom blend to how pinky u want it !

I did it on a nailbiter with fab results.

hth

amb x

I did a nno french with Brisa on a client for a wedding and it lasted well over 2
weeks before she needed infills. Just make sure that you throughly cap all the sides and edges.

some times if clients polish chips, its because their natural nail is prone to peeling from the free edge, if this is the case it can make any product put onto the nail peel also, so careful cappping would be very important.

i do brisa overlays on my mate and its lasts for 4 weeks (she's even made it to 5!!!!)

Hello All!
Sorry to be a pain,but!what duse:rolleyes: NNO mean.

Many Thanks! :hug:

NNO- natural nail overlay.

Toni Talons said:
i do brisa overlays on my mate and its lasts for 4 weeks (she's even made it to 5!!!!)

How do you do it? with the uv top gloss and pow...then uv top gloss.... or clear/pink gel ...pow...and then gloss?

just curious

thanks

amb x

MINKUS said:
How do you do it? with the uv top gloss and pow...then uv top gloss.... or clear/pink gel ...pow...and then gloss?

just curious

thanks

amb x

This is how i do it, i use brisa overlay kit.
1. liquid bond
2. one layer of pink gel (painted on like nail varnish)
3. white gel paint for the tip of her natural nail (she likes me to paint the smile right down, she has long nail beds so i can paint it half way down so she doesn't have to come back for a few weeks)
4. one layer of clear gel, again painted on like nail varnish (i know that you do not need this layer but i do it just to give the white a bit of extra protection)
5. one layer of u.v gloss

don't forget to cap the ends.

i have to say tho that my mate is excellent at looking after her nails as she has had them long since she was a teenager (and she's 50 this year although you would never know it to look at her, i've worked with her for 8 years and she still seems like 42 to me!). Also i had to shorten her nails last time, much to her dismay, as they were well long and starting to look like Stacey Slater's. But she was pleased at the end when they looked more balanced although i have promised to leave the length alone next time.

Toni Talons said:
This is how i do it, i use brisa overlay kit.
1. liquid bond
2. one layer of pink gel (painted on like nail varnish)
3. white gel paint for the tip of her natural nail (she likes me to paint the smile right down, she has long nail beds so i can paint it half way down so she doesn't have to come back for a few weeks)
4. one layer of clear gel, again painted on like nail varnish (i know that you do not need this layer but i do it just to give the white a bit of extra protection)
5. one layer of u.v gloss

don't forget to cap the ends.

i have to say tho that my mate is excellent at looking after her nails as she has had them long since she was a teenager (and she's 50 this year although you would never know it to look at her, i've worked with her for 8 years and she still seems like 42 to me!). Also i had to shorten her nails last time, much to her dismay, as they were well long and starting to look like Stacey Slater's. But she was pleased at the end when they looked more balanced although i have promised to leave the length alone next time.

thanks for that mate

ps. i only do it in thin layers, like nail varnish, as she likes the really sleek look and i think this leaves it more flexible so it doesn't chip, but this is only a natural nail overlay, when i am tipping or sculpting i do it thicker to get the strength.

Toni Talons said:
ps. i only do it in thin layers, like nail varnish, as she likes the really sleek look and i think this leaves it more flexible so it doesn't chip, but this is only a natural nail overlay, when i am tipping or sculpting i do it thicker to get the strength.

yep no probs - i just wondered because my nnos with it havent been very successfull ! I think me & brisa need more practise/training!

Amb x

MINKUS said:
yep no probs - i just wondered because my nnos with it havent been very successfull ! I think me & brisa need more practise/training!

Amb x
yes practice pratice practice. did a set of sculpts on a girl from work at the weekend and they were definitely my best yet and they were my best yet. i was well pleased with them. i saw on the b'ham geek meet thread you were thinking about coming and i'd love to meet up.

Latest posts

Back