brisa gel and nail art help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya all,

I looked at my lovely brisa gel nails and saw that on a couple of nails i had caught my file whilst doing a client and took a bit of the shine off, so i applied a top coat just to give back some of the shine and after a few hours it was just peeling off. Would the same happen if i used Creatives SuperShiny or is it just a no go to put anything on top of the gel as its naturally very shiny. I just thought cos if someone had the brisa and then asked for a little nail art on top would there be a time to apply this during the proccess of applying the brisa system or is it just that as its so shiny nothing will adhere to the surface, sorry i am even confusing myself here....if anyone does know what i mean and can help i would appreciate......thanks

Hi
It should adhere to gel, Are you using a good base coat ?

Hiya, thanks for replying so soon, please dont laugh but base coat ??? how dumb am i i just thought of base coat as a natural nail product, so once i have taken off the inhabition layer i can use a base coat then nail art then top coat, have i got that right, i know you are splitting at the sides now ha ha ha.... xxx

No I am not laughing babe, Its very easy to forget the little things at time.

Ive been doing hand painted nail art with Brisa Gel. i apply the white gel paint, then the clear sculpting gel...cure and then buff.....then wipe away filings....paint on art and then apply the UV Finishing Gloss. That seems to be working for a client of mine. Another of my clients i saw the other day said her brisa nails went dull after a few days, so she applied a clear nail polish to bring back the shine and it worked fine.

Maybe your top coat could have peeled off cause there was still some oil on the nail or you came into contact with a chemical not long after applying the top coat?????

Its so frustrating when something goes wrong and you dont know why!! GRRR!!!!

Luv Bec XXOO

Thanks for your help, i will try out my nail art efforts b4 i apply the uv gel top coat. I was up till 2am this morning playing about with my nail trainer and after about 30 nails i did my first perfect (well for me) smile line in white, what a feeling is that, i cant stop looking at it, i'd take a pic but i dont have all the mod cons for my computer. The only thing that seems to be buggin me is i dont want my white to look thick and bulky but if i apply to thin then start to buff it goes shadowy.
But i just love the products and everyone remarks about how nice and bright my nails look, i get such a buz when they ask where i go to have them done and i tell them i have done them myself.

Also for what different type of client/nail would you use either the nail fresh or the primer as from what i can make out they both help for lift prone clients but i believe there is some kind of difference between the two products...?

Thanks again xxx

The woman who used to work with me is now a rep for creative. when i first started to do gels i had the same problem. i called her and she said to lightly buff the surface to remove shine and then polish as normal. this really helps a lot, but if i am just doing nail art i buff shine off do the nail art and then put 2 coats of gel finishing gloss. I market it as semi permant nail art. client can even polish over design and ! i always do this to myself no prob ever. just buff off at next fill. the gel is so smooth its like painting on an oiled surface. Also you should use nail fresh and primer. the nail fresh is just a nail prepper, kinda like scrub fresh in a sense. it remove any oil traces from the natural nail to help prevent lifting and contamination. Primer is pert of the system itself. primer acts kinda like the bottom strip of velcro. the product is top strip of velcro.its makes the product anchor itself th the nail. I always use both. you must always use primer though, if you have had any lifting or service breakdown. this could be the cause. always use primer being carful to not goe it on skin. hope this mini novel helps
jen

Latest posts

Back