Brisa Gel - lifting-peeling-chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxAdelexx

Reaction score
Hi girls,

i have recently trained with CND in acrylic, brisa gel, shellac and minx.

im loving shellac and minx. but struggling with acrylic and gel.

Il start to tackle brisa gel first as many of my potential clients wish to have that done as they want an extension, rather that the shellac on its own.

i did my first 2 clients last weeks 2 sisters in one night, they were nail biters one girl was the worst i had ever seen. i applied brisa gel french with tips. they rang on friday to say a couple had lifted and chipped and one had come off, that was both of them. i went round friday evening to correct them.

they contacted my again on sunday to say some had completely come off. i was due to go round tonight to sort them and they re-arranged, which im glad of so i had time to think what i could do to prevent this. or they just thought well she must not know what shes doing so we'l not have them done again by her???

my prep, cuticle away, water wash, file nail hot shot, scrub fresh really well to remove oil.
add tip then cut, file and buff the step out.
scrub fresh one hand and applied base coat cure 10 seconds
pure pink gel cured 2 minutes
white paint for french tip - tidy with clean gel brush wiped with scrub fresh
then clear layer with apex on top - i do struggle with this not being lumpy cure 2 minutes
wipe off sticky layer with scrub fresh
blizzard white board for side walls and shape
grey boomerang to remove bumps
dust brush - but i dont have one so have not done this step
gloss and cap ends - cure 2 minutes
scrub fresh off sticky layer
solar oil

please help with my lifting, loss of nails and chipping????? i have only done three clients in total with brisa gel but really nervous now about doing anyone else until i find what im doing wrong!!!!:!:

has anyone else felt like this when they first started? :cry:

Thanks in advance xxxxx

It might be best if you put this in the main nail section as more nail geeks will see it than in this section which is for consumers queries.

When you say file with a HotShot, I'm assuming you mean shaping the nails? also a Hot Shot is too course for use on natural nails. You should only use a 240 grit or higher on a natural nail. You don't say if you are removing the shine with a 240 grit file ethier. Next you do not say if you are removing the cuticle with your pusher and getting if all out of the side walls with your curiet, if your not doing all of that, that may be why you are having lifting as the brisa will not attach properly to the nail plate.

HTH

If you're getting all the cuticle and your prep is solid then how badly bitten are their nails? Are you using a white tip? These are usually a bad choice on a badly bitten nail. Tips may not be the way to go...period. You may need to use a form if their nails are really badly bitten.

Hi, i try and remove all the cuticle off the nail plate. the filing is to shape the nail with 240 grit. i blend the tip on top. i did forget to remove the shine on the natural nail with the koala. im using clear velosity tips.

i will re-post this on the main thread, i thought this was for expert advise but wasnt 100% sure as im nw to the site.

Thanks for your help x

Latest posts

Back