Brisa on toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolsroz

Reaction score
hi all

first time client for toes tomorrow evening....

I use Brisa... but not that good!!! on fingers... goodness knows what toes will end up looking like!!:cry: anyway, any tips on how to try and acheive a good look..

tx

Hiya...toes is easy babes... honest. Just prep well, then paint on white, cure, finishing gloss, cure, wipe . Job done !!! HTH xxx

gosh, is that all you do!!??, no clear, pink, buff, white, clear, top coat???

NailStyle said:
Hiya...toes is easy babes... honest. Just prep well, then paint on white, cure, finishing gloss, cure, wipe . Job done !!! HTH xxx

nope....told you it was easy eh !!!..so you can relax now and just enjoy as i am sure your client will do. xxxx

the only time i do 1 layer of pink is if the nail bed needs a bit of colour....just dont forget your bonder. xxx

nope Angie's right - follow her advice you wont go wrong - last between 6-8 weeks min ! takes about 30 mins and charge same as you would for overlay on fingers (or more ! lol)

ps. dont you bond before pow Angie ?? i do thats the only thing different that i do
pss. jools practice applying the pow with a marbelling tool ... easy peasy !

enjoy ... and make sure you wear it for a while on your own toes - GREAT advertising

happy brisa'ing !

kx

Gosh.........I always love my brisa toes....but I have been working too hard! I always used to prep, then liquid bond. 1 coat pink, cure, white gel paint, cure, 1 coat clear gel, cure, finish, then finishing gloss and cure.............because it was toes I didnt, obviously, bother building an apex (NO-ONE ges that close to my tootsies! to see). I am due to re do them and I will do it your eazey peazey way.......thanks forgiving me an extra half hour to geek rather than be touching my feet!!!

i will be doing the 30 min way from now on ive been putting the pink and clear gel on also

no more

thanks for that advice

Hey Izzi

i used to do it the same way too for a long time before Marco Benito explained another way ! halves the time but not the durability ive found !

Im a huge fan of brisa toes - so simple and so gorgeous - in fact i get so stupidly excitable about them that most of my clients are wearing them now too ! lol all good business eh ! I even had a client ring me asking for what she'd seen one her friends toes on her fingers ! see even recommendations from toes .... never do a french polish on toes again !

ive recently started wearing brisa on my fingers too with all sorts of glitters etc on the tips you can do whatever you like with it, just as per l&p its fab - and you know what ... they ARE as strong as the l&p .. i wouldnt have believed it without trying it you know, im extremely heavy handed and i cant believe it - i should trust the guys on here more you know they do know their stuff !

enjoy

kx

izzidoll said:
Gosh.........I always love my brisa toes....but I have been working too hard! I always used to prep, then liquid bond. 1 coat pink, cure, white gel paint, cure, 1 coat clear gel, cure, finish, then finishing gloss and cure.............because it was toes I didnt, obviously, bother building an apex (NO-ONE ges that close to my tootsies! to see). I am due to re do them and I will do it your eazey peazey way.......thanks forgiving me an extra half hour to geek rather than be touching my feet!!!

thats great, many tx Angie....

NailStyle said:
nope....told you it was easy eh !!!..so you can relax now and just enjoy as i am sure your client will do. xxxx

the only time i do 1 layer of pink is if the nail bed needs a bit of colour....just dont forget your bonder. xxx

tx Karren for the tip...Joolsx..

Karren said:
nope Angie's right - follow her advice you wont go wrong - last between 6-8 weeks min ! takes about 30 mins and charge same as you would for overlay on fingers (or more ! lol)

ps. dont you bond before pow Angie ?? i do thats the only thing different that i do
pss. jools practice applying the pow with a marbelling tool ... easy peasy !

enjoy ... and make sure you wear it for a while on your own toes - GREAT advertising

happy brisa'ing !

kx

Also ... see you got me going now ! lol ... think how much easier it is to buff / thin down ready for re-application in 6-8 weeks ! only the gloss to gently buff !

Also, i always offer a COMPLIMENTARY length reduction 4-6 weeks into wearing them - as usually this is all thats needed to keep them looking fab for another few weeks ! i had one client clip them with nail clippers - not a good move as they crack the gel ! most of my brisa toe clients are nail clients too so i generally get em to get their toes out during their finger apts to check if needing tidying for them !

this is such a fab add-on i cant begin to tell you

kx

hanydanialis said:
i will be doing the 30 min way from now on ive been putting the pink and clear gel on also

no more

thanks for that advice

couldnt agree more...i charge 20.00 for toes and extra for little flowers or gems....i did a set this morning and it took 30 mins...xxx

I've not had much look with doing fingers yet unfortunatley.... poor Ruth NailsinLondon, has tried so hard with me!! and i'm still c..p at it!!!

i'm so disolussioned (spelt wrong i know)!! tired!!, I just cant seem to get them to look good, i did a new client on Sat am, a natural nail overlay, firstly her nails were filthy! i have to say, she worked in some chemical factory, it took me ages to clean and prep them, here appt was at 9.30am she left at 11.45!!!! i was fed up and she appeared to be too!! i am only charging £15 at the moment whilst trying to get it right.

i know the state of her nails wasn't my fault, but my smile lines were rubbish no matter how hard i concentrated...

my prob is that i've recently moved within the last 6mths to the village and advertising with other beauty services... i'm so worried about getting bad reviews from doing people in the village that if word gets around, i wont get my biz off the ground...

i've had 121 with amanda... i honestly dont know if another would help...i think i've built up a 'just cant do it' scenario in my head now!! absolutely no confidence whatsoever..:cry:

ahhhh...don't be down hun...shame i didn't live nearer...not that i am good enough to start teaching or anywhere near but its just nice to spend time with someone who shares your worries and its clicking now. Have you tried all the different ways of doing the white, dotting tool, scrubfresh etc... get some orange sticks and stick some tips on with bluetack...do about 10...then just keep doing your smile line over and over and over curing each time...also just one more thing...this is something i used to do..don't go compairing your smiles with those in the mags....most are using white tips...for advertising...i used to think mine where rubbish compaired to those in the mags...but most of those are exaggerated smiles that are more like half circles...as long as the smiles are slightly curved, match and are tidy they will be super. Don't try to hard...relax and try to enjoy. I still look at the mags and think wow but no longer think mine are rubbish for not looking like that, infact to be honest i think they look more natural without the dramatic curvy smile.

You'll get there xxxx

tx Angie, i will continue to practice....xx

NailStyle said:
ahhhh...don't be down hun...shame i didn't live nearer...not that i am good enough to start teaching or anywhere near but its just nice to spend time with someone who shares your worries and its clicking now. Have you tried all the different ways of doing the white, dotting tool, scrubfresh etc... get some orange sticks and stick some tips on with bluetack...do about 10...then just keep doing your smile line over and over and over curing each time...also just one more thing...this is something i used to do..don't go compairing your smiles with those in the mags....most are using white tips...for advertising...i used to think mine where rubbish compaired to those in the mags...but most of those are exaggerated smiles that are more like half circles...as long as the smiles are slightly curved, match and are tidy they will be super. Don't try to hard...relax and try to enjoy. I still look at the mags and think wow but no longer think mine are rubbish for not looking like that, infact to be honest i think they look more natural without the dramatic curvy smile.

You'll get there xxxx

I agree with you Angie. I prefer a nice natural gentle curve rather than the exaggerated grins you see in the mags :D !

I know what you mean about getting a"just can't do it" attitude in your head - I'm the same with French Manicures. I've invested in a trainer hand at long last and I've decided I'm going to crack this one.

Don't worry about the length of time a set takes. I normally do one in 90 mins, but every so often I get a "challenge" that takes a good two hours. It's not the quantity it's the quality that counts. Most clients are so intrigued by what you do that they lose track of time anyway - just enjoy what you do!

What part of Wilts do you live in btw?

Latest posts

Back