brisa paint on white gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Whats the correct way of applying this....

just had a little play with my new kit today and find i get some smiles a bit 'patchy'................and dont want to go too thick.

Do i do it as a French polish side to side......or gently paint/nudge from side to middle to side?

Does that make sense??

ANy imput is appreciated fellow geekers.

Thanks

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya Minkus
Although I have never used the Brisa product when applying similar paint on white gels I find using a dotting tool and drawing it on keeps it nice and thin and even.
HTH

Clare xx

good tip babe i will try it....btw congrats on your comp @excel well done.

Thanks chickio I was v pleased with the result!
When I use the paint on white gels I also freeze cure each nail for a few seconds to lock it into place and to stop the gel slipping...

cb x

hiya hunny xx

i never do it side to side as it can go patchy, i put a blob in the middle of the tip and gently tease it towards the smile line, with my brush angled as i get to the side of the tip. some people do 1 coat thin first then a second coat. But a big thing i learned was to make sure i went over with a good coat of clear afterwards as this will help to fill in any dents and protects the white while buffing up the shape at the end.

None of this proberly made any sence as i am rubbish with words, Geeg please put it into words that make sence.

Also the Brisa vidio is great to watch and also the tutorials on Brisa.

You think you have problems, i have had a go at l&p tonight, omg is that hard, they looked awful...then i filed them and they look a bit less awful, but i heard you are suppose to get the shape and smoothness with the brush not the file. I am booking a l&p course 2moro cos this i want to master.

good luck with the Brisa babes. xxxx

amberrose said:
hiya hunny xx

i never do it side to side as it can go patchy, i put a blob in the middle of the tip and gently tease it towards the smile line, with my brush angled as i get to the side of the tip. some people do 1 coat thin first then a second coat. But a big thing i learned was to make sure i went over with a good coat of clear afterwards as this will help to fill in any dents and protects the white while buffing up the shape at the end.

None of this proberly made any sence as i am rubbish with words, Geeg please put it into words that make sence.

Also the Brisa vidio is great to watch and also the tutorials on Brisa.

You think you have problems, i have had a go at l&p tonight, omg is that hard, they looked awful...then i filed them and they look a bit less awful, but i heard you are suppose to get the shape and smoothness with the brush not the file. I am booking a l&p course 2moro cos this i want to master.

good luck with the Brisa babes. xxxx

I think you did just fine love!

Oceana said:
Thanks chickio I was v pleased with the result!
When I use the paint on white gels I also freeze cure each nail for a few seconds to lock it into place and to stop the gel slipping...

cb x

Forgive my ignorance - but what does 'freeze cure' mean? How does this work? Thanks.

hiya its when you put the nail under the lamp for 10 secs, this freezes the Brisa untill you are ready to cure for the full 2 mins.

The Brisa lamp has this function as standard, 10 secs freeze and 2 mins cure.

The whole hand MUST be cured for the full 2 mins after though.

hope this explains...xxxx

Thanks amber, i understand now. It keeps the white gel in place on each nail until you're ready to cure them all.... aha!

Latest posts

Back