brisa v biosculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone tell me their experiences of the above 2.

I know the obvious..bio is a soak off gel (soft gel) Brisa is a hard gel (file off).

I think i would be right in saying bio is more expensive, but available in a wide range of colours.

I know its good for sculpts and natural nail overlay but i am having BIG problems if i do tip and overlays with it ...lots of breakages.

I suppose what i am asking is BRISA stronger???

Sorry to keep banging on about GELS but call me persistant!!! I want to get it right!

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya ambx, you know what i am going to say...ha ha I have never used Bio but i have had Calgel on myself, and found them not to be as strong as i would like.

I find Brisa very strong, i have two hairdresser clients who were advised never to have gel as they wouldnt be strong enough...ehhh! they hadnt tryed Brisa. Now they both have nails by little old me with Brisa and no probs at all.

You know i have all the Brisa stuff, give me a ring and you can come and have a go with mine, on your own nails and see how they feel/last for you. Keep your chin up cos i have seen your nails and they are fantastic...xxx

they look the muts when i have done them on a client but....more often than not a week down the line....ones off!!

testing out the nsi at the mo....

I am a product junkie i have everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHen u free??? pm me chicken lets get em on!

Ambx

Brisa gel is stronger because I had one finger done in calgel at the last excel show and it bent and broke, also went yellow. I had Brisa on all the others and they were fine...

Brisa is a very strong gel ... end of story.

Brisa is L&P technology in a gel format (the only gel in the world that is like this) which is why it is so strong ... it IS Retention+ in a gel form.

This gives you the technician so many advantages over 'other' gels that do not have this patented technology. It is NOT just another gel ... it is different and all the differences are to YOUR benefit.

Low heat
Colour stability
Hypoallergenic
Strength (like no other gel)ç
Whitest white gel on the market

You do not need 2 systems (one for overlays andone for tips) Brisa does it all.
At the moment it is a file off gel but come on ... how many time do you actually have to do this?? CND are working on a soak off for Brisa and when they have it it will be the only strong soakoffable gel!!

Thanks Geeg.

I am 99% sold on brisa....just need to get me a course that fits in with my hols i have left. (see previous thread on please can we have some weekend courses!!!)

Going to have a nice shiney new set applied by Amberose and take it from there.

Anyone need any BIO stuff??!!!XXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!?????????doh!!!!

ohhhh i just cant wait, Geeg.

I dont mind the buffing off as you say, havent had to do it alot and also it files away lovely, its so quick. But i would be keen to have a go with Brisa soak off and i have every faith in the fact that it will be brill. also cant wait for some colours/glimers etc.

xxx

CND will be regularly adding to the Brisa family of gels. I
It will be exciting getting all the new thigs we have aked for.

geeg said:
It will be exciting getting all the new thigs we have aked for.
Excellent - hope a soft white POW is on the list too!?

It is ... soon.

geeg said:

Hi

Just wanted to say I totally agree Brisa is STRONG, I have had L & p and brisa on my nails and to be honest the brisa gel DEFINATELY is strong, I have my own cleaning business as well so my hands are often in chemicals, or scrubbing away at the oven etc ( I know I should use gloves), and I have no problems.

Kimi

Yes Brisa is strong but feels lovely and light. Even sculpted and thin they are quite resiliant (so long as you have your apex built up correctly) Its a little more flexible than L&P which can be better for weaker nails but without comprimising strength. It means that anyone with very thin nails are less likely to cause damage to their own nails when knocks occur.

I've not tried Bio so I can't give you a comparison but my mother in law wears Brisa and she puts her hands through some terrible ordeals, doesn't wear gloves when washing up and doesn't use her solar oil religiously either. But despite this she only gets a break once in a blue moon and gets very little lifting. Any problems I've had with it seem to be down to technique and lack of practice.

The White Sculpting Gel takes some getting used to but again its developing technique (which I'm in in the process of lol). The White Gel Paint is a great alternative and great for tip and overlays. The Pink Sculpting Gel is absolutely gorgeous and gives a lovely rosey healthy glow to nail beds. The UV top gloss is super shiney and really finishes them off nicely.

My only disapointment is the lack of choice with colours at the moment so for now I'm just concentrating on creating beautiful natural nails and doing some nail art until there are more whites, and colours to choose from - which I'm reeeeeeally hoping isn't going to be long ..... we keep hearing 'soon......' and its frustrating especially when there are other gels out there with more choice BUT..... It is different from other gels so I suppose more research is needed to develop further additions to the range. Its a case of 'watch this space'.....

;)

kimi said:
geeg said:

Hi

Just wanted to say I totally agree Brisa is STRONG, I have had L & p and brisa on my nails and to be honest the brisa gel DEFINATELY is strong, I have my own cleaning business as well so my hands are often in chemicals, or scrubbing away at the oven etc ( I know I should use gloves), and I have no problems.

Kimi

getting the idea thats what i wanted to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back