British Beauty Show2005

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily@stoke

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first ever post & really hope ive put it this in the right forum!! :)

Is anyone going to the british beauty show at Brum NEC in April? Ive never been & need to know what to look out for. I need to get quite a bit of stuff - everything from tips to a new uniform, will I be able to get hold of any good bargains or shall I expect to pay full price (Sorry Im a scrooge at the mo - just starting up & need all the cash I can get!) :biggrin:

Ta xx

I might be going but never been to one myself. Just wanted to say welcome to the site from a fellow northerner.

em x

Hi Emily,

welcome to the board. Please fill out your profile to let us know about you, interests, training, products used etc.

At the shows, different companies do different deals. If we knew what you were into then we could suggest maybe.

Some do buy one get one free, some companies do "show specials" and some companies do everything at normal price but you can buy smaller quanitites rather than their "minimum order" amount. You also save on postage LOL.

Hi Emily,
Welcome to the site :biggrin: You should be able to get everything you need at the show, Just make sure you take enough cash with you :biggrin:

and a trolley type thing or suitcase on wheels for all the stuff. you'll be amazed how heavy a pile of brochures can be!!

mooredianne said:
and a trolley type thing or suitcase on wheels for all the stuff. you'll be amazed how heavy a pile of brochures can be!!

noooooo how many of those things did i trip over at excel, just take a nice strong man to carry your stuff instead, reward him with a peek at the spray tanning booth and wear comfy shoes. xxx

NailStyle said:
reward him with a peek at the spray tanning booth and wear comfy shoes. xxx

Brilliant! I thought the trolley was a good idea - can get so much more stuff that way!

NailStyle said:
noooooo how many of those things did i trip over at excel, just take a nice strong man to carry your stuff instead, reward him with a peek at the spray tanning booth and wear comfy shoes. xxx

Thats a good idea! My boyfr has 'offered' to go with me "All those women? Ur not goin without me" I think he said :lol: Going with a friend from college instead!

Thank you for welcoming me ladies, I'll update my profile so you give me some more advise, but I warn you n ow, theres not alot to put in it, I only started doing this in Sept ;)
Right, Im off to do my M2 & M74 exam - wish me luck

Hi Emily,

thanks for filling in your profile.

My advice to you would be to consolidate on what you are already doing. Do not go on a feeding frenzy and buy everything in sight LOL - trust me I have been there and done that and still have the bulging cupboards to prove it.

If you are still in the learning curve as to products and stuff then have a watch at as many demos as possible and get information rather than stuff. There are other shows coming up later in the year at Excel and Manchester when you will be better placed to know what way you want to further your career.

Hope that makes sense.

Hiya, Creative Nails, Distinctive nails, Ellisons, Millenium Nails,Hollywood nails, Light Concept Nails, KJT nails to name but a few will all be there.

Enjoy the show!

Hi Emily,

Welcome to the boards from another Stokie! I will be going to the show in Birmingham. Just curious as to where you are studying? I started in September too, at Stoke on Trent College...... maybe we're in the same class!? :biggrin:

Hi and welcome!

I'll be at the show too - I helped my friends out on a stand at Excel and now I'm hooked. I will be handing out leaflets on the Christrio stand come by and say hello!

i've just got tickets, hubby offered to come and carry bags like at excel, he's after the beer i offered him last time, I'm looking for L&P stuff in colors and uniform, plus more courses. Will geek stand be there?
C*

Latest posts

Back