Bronzing hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TigerLilly92

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone in the hair industry could help me with my hair dilema. I have been dying my hair (a wide variety of colors) for about 7-8 years. In the last 3-4 years I've noticed that my hair always turns out great but within two weeks or so it starts to fade into a brownish red color for darker colors, and bronze with blondes. I wash my hair twice a week in cold water, I currently have it a level 9 blonde so I'm using the purple shampoo that prevents it from turning bronze however it's still turning bronzy! I don't use box color, I always go to a salon to have it done professionally. Can anyone help me with why my hair does this?

The best person to ask why your blonde is still going brassy would be your hairdresser.

What kind of colour treatment do you have to get blonde? Foils? Highlift tint? Full head bleach? Are you happy with the colour when you leave the hairdressers?

There are several reasons why it would be going brassy. If you could find us a picture of your hair with a bit of regrowth in it we may be able to help a little more.

I have talked to my hair stylist regarding this and they advised me to use the purple shampoo that is suppose to prevent this. I had a level 9 cool blonde and was very happy when I left the salon. A horrible picture that doesn't really show the growth but the best I can do for now. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385992691.794930.jpg

You need to take a photo to them and say you want this colour and if it doesn't happen within 2 appointments.. New hairdresser time!

Also purple shampoo will only work on yellow- if there is any orange in your hair it won't do anything to that

Just got my hair redone. It's a very light blonde. A white ashy color. Will see how the cool blonde holds.

Just got my hair redone. It's a very light blonde. A white ashy color. Will see how the cool blonde holds.

Have you got a picture of the after? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1386114955.484770.jpglol excuse the crazy hair. Took it out o my pony to get a better pic.

Looks so much better are u happy with it? How often do you use purple shampoo? what brand was it?

I use purple once a week. I use Schwarzkopf silver shampoo.

Latest posts

Back