bruising when waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracymx3

Reaction score
hi there can anyone give me some advise.
i did a full leg inc bikini wax and the client bruised on her thigh can anyone tell me what might of caused this

what was your removal angle like?? did you accidentally pull up rather than back? did you tighten the skin with your other hand?? what was the ladies build? :)

The following may help in why your client bruised:

• the way the wax strip may have been removed
  • too much wax and the strip getting stuck
  • the skin is very sensitive/bruises easily
  • the skin may not have been taught enough
  • applying & removing wax more than twice
The thigh area is very sensitive, if you get the client to hold the skin very taught this will help to stretch the skin out and prevent bruising

Hth's xx

Normally the cause of pulling the strip up and not parallel to the skin.

HI THERE, THERE ARE MANY REASONS WHY A CLIENT MAY BRUISE, AND I PRESUME THAT YOU ASKED ALL RELEVANT MEDICAL QUESTIONS PRIOR TO TREATMENT. PERHAPS YOU DID NOT STRETCH THE SKIN ENOUGH, OR MAYBE THE DIRECTION THAT YOU PULLED THE STRIP WAS INCORRECT. PRACTICE DOES INDEED MAKE PERFECT! DONT GIVE UP, OFFER CLIENT THE NEXT TREATMENT FREE. GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP IN TOUCH

the lady was big it only bruised in one place i have been using hara wax

My guess is that the skin wasnt taut enough.
All clients regardless of size...even the most petite...have slightly fleshier thighs. If this fleshy area isnt held tight, then bruising will occur.
You can always enlist the help of your client if you feel you cant manage to hold the skin as tight as you need.
I will always instruct the client to put her hands under the thigh area and help to pull it taut if it needs it.
Thighs have always been the area in the past that ive bruised.....we all do it from time to time hun!
:hug:

it could be a few reasons like mentioned, did you go through a questionairre first? because some medications and illnesses will bring up bruises :) I would also practice on your removal angle and taughtness of the skin if your in any doubt , it's all practice hun ;)

Try using hot wax on the thighs and bikini line area. It sticks to the hair only, not the skin. You may need some refresher training on this but well worth it.
I use azulene hot wax from Helionova. Much more gentle.:hug:

I totally agree with those who mentioned about keeping the area tight. I do a lot of male waxing and it is exactly the same, you need to make sure your client is aware that it is a hands on treatment (everyone pulls in a different direction). The more they/you stretch the less chance of bruising.

Latest posts

Back