bubbles in the acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lids pinkies

Reaction score
:Love: Hi all,
Just a qustion far you,
Im practicing my l&p overlay and i keep getting tiny bubbles in the finished result. Ive dipped my brush all the way in the liquid and waited for the bubbles to come out of the brush, but its still happening.
Im doing an EN course and have to send off my best work, but its just not happening!!!!!
HELP
:Love: Liddy xxxx

It might be a couple of things - If your mix ratio is too dry it can cause bubbles. Also make sure that you are pressing and guiding the bead, not brushing it on (not a painting comp, is what my educator told me!)

Hope this helps

Hope you dont mind me butting in but I think you will find youre more likely to get bubbles in your mix if your ratio is too wet...not too dry!
Also try to relax a little and dont 'overwork' the bead (playing with it too much can also cause bubbles) :wink2:

Why dont you phone your tutor at essential they are really helpful, shelley xx

Also when you place the bead, leave it for a second or two, gives it time to 'mingle' as they say! lol

Take care xx

After looking in my foundation course folder, I think that we might both be right Glo. Bubbles can occur due to a too wet mix ratio and a too dry mix ratio x x

rjryan said:
Afetr looking in my foundation course folder, I think that we might both be right Glo. Bubbles can occur due to a too wet mix ratio and a too dry mix ratio x x
Well you live & learn! :eek:
My early probs always stemmed from working too wet, :o
So I guess I was just pulling on my own experience x.

:biggrin: Thanks for that, girlies.
I think im getting the consistancy wrong, and also 'painting' it on doesnt help.
Ill try waiting for a couple of seconds then press it to the sides, and see if this helps.
Thanks for your advice, it really helps.:Grope:

Liddy xx

It is more than likely you are working too wet and playing with the product too much. Place your bead in zone 2 and wait 2 secs, then press your bead into place and pull your brush lightly over the nail, go to the side and press your bead and pull forward again with your brush and the same for the other side of the nail. By doing the push/pull method you are pushing your product flush with the natural nail which makes it easier to apply zone 3.
David.

:biggrin: Thanks David i'll try that.
Im a little worried about the pugent smell of the acrylic and my dogs/child.
Shall i keep them in a seperate room:!:
Thanks liddy xx

Another reason can be how you are picking up the bead. I was originally taught to sort of twirl the brush in the powder, well this caused bubbles for me as i was a little too rushed when i did it. Plus if you pat at your product when its on the nail rather than press it, you will push air into it so also cause bubbles.

This is what i used to do wrong.

Smell does not equal harm.

Monomer (liquid) can be smelt at extremely low concentrations in the air.
At about 5ppm (*parts per million) the smell is very noticeable
American health and safety standard says a salon can have a max of 200ppm. (which is still WAAAAY under safe exposure rates) *it's not until about 3,000ppm that it can pose any problem.

Footnote: The most deadly chemicals have no smell at all.

Latest posts

Back