bubbles under top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
i have done a set of gel on my own nails and they loked great but to decorate them i used rhinestones held on with top coat, yesterday i noticed the top coat was lifting in places so i removed it to make sureit had nothing to do with the gel underneath then applied another layer of top coat but the same thing has happened, it looks like large bubbles. has anyone else come accross this and does anyone know what the cause could be, any advice would really be great

so its definately not on the gel underneath? Bubbles in the gel sometimes occur if the gel is applied too thick (or been too vigorously stirred)

What gel have you used and what top coat have you used?

Must say i havent come across it but i am sure someone will have an answer for you!!

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for the reply, it was alida uv gel with media top coat, the gel doesnt seem to have any bubbles it only seems in the top coat

pass.........try a different top coat?

HTH

AMbx

yep i think that im going to sit down tonight and try a couple of diferent top coats them see what happens tomarow

Hi there,

Maybe a Nail Art Sealer would be better for you as opposed to a thick top coat?

I agree with Claire, you may be better with a sealer, although I`ve used topcoat without any problems but I do find that I need to use bascoat on top of gel too to get it to adhere properly, have you tried that?
You could use a clear basecoat, put on rhinestones, then try your top coat again

Latest posts

Back