Building a customer base without a driving liscence, easier said than done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz and glam

Reaction score
Hey all,

I feel like im hitting my head against a brick wall. At the moment i am taking driving lessons, and yesterday passed my theory which i am so happy about so i finally feel like im getting somewhere but until i pass my driving test i am finding it hard to build a client base!

I get a few enquiries from further afield and if i can get the train to my client i will ( although it is a nightmare lugging everything over those damn bridges!) but no matter how hard i try i cant seem to get people to want to visit my home salon. I am newly qualified and i no it takes a while for things to pick up but i feel so stuck. no money means no more lessons or the test :cry:

I live in a small town conected to rural villages so its important for me to drive.

Well enough of my moaning,thanks for listening. Any ideas? Has anyone been in this situation?

Hi,

I used to live in a small village with 4 buses out a day! How about doing a leaflet drop to surrounding villages (if they have your target customers living there!) with offers on them. Like....get together with you friends to recieve a discount? 2 or more for example. so when you travel you maximise profit! or offer discount or free gifts if they come to you? I have found that customers love free stuff!

If you know that the customers are there but like you can't drive yet...maybe get a temp job in order to get licence and continue to do clients around that job! it would be a hard few weeks/months but if thats what is needed to get make your business profitable it must be worth doing!

Good luck!:)

You could start offering minx nails and advertise for minx parties where you go a house and do a group of people,
or advertise to offices where you could go for a few hrs and do a number of staff, hth :hug:

Thanks pink orange, aleaflet drop is definately needed to surrounding villages! i have just designed leaflets offering the staff of local businesses a 'introductory price' on oneofmytreatments in august. Businesses talk hey sohopefullythey'll tell their customers.

Hi Loubylou, would love to offer minx butwould hve to pay for thetraining 1st and travel tothe training which would alltake up my money which i have very little spare at the moment!maybe i could look at doing this with a diferent treatment.

I cant understand whyi get more enquiries in the next town than in mine?
Thanks for your help and ideas x

Hi Loubylou, would love to offer minx butwould hve to pay for thetraining 1st and travel tothe training which would alltake up my money which i have very little spare at the moment!maybe i could look at doing this with a diferent treatment.

You dont need to go for any training to use Minx. You can watch tutorial videos on S2 website! Hth a bit xx

Latest posts

Back