Building up clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosiedrew

Reaction score
Hi

How long on average does it take to get a client base? My friend who is a hairdresser said it took her 3 years and now she is always busy and making good money £30 k a year.

I made a mistake in changing premises. I left a small town center and went to a golf club doing beauty. I thought as they had thousands of members I would be very busy. Alas, I was there 5 months and had two people both men.

Now it's starting over again.

I would be more than happy to earn £100 per day wow imagine eh. Well I guess after bills that would be about £75 oh well.

Anyway, I have picked up some fab tips from this site. I now have postcards coming from vistaprint and I have advertised on net mums.
:lol:
thanks alot xxxxx

Hi

How long on average does it take to get a client base? My friend who is a hairdresser said it took her 3 years and now she is always busy and making good money £30 k a year.

I made a mistake in changing premises. I left a small town center and went to a golf club doing beauty. I thought as they had thousands of members I would be very busy. Alas, I was there 5 months and had two people both men.

I would be more than happy to earn £100 per day wow imagine eh. Well I guess after bills that would be about £75 oh well.

:) Hi im afraid id say your friend is probably right, obviously it varies from person to person, depends on the amount of advertising in whatever way you do, and if you keep on plugging at it too. I cant speak for a full time salon. As i am only a part time mobile but it has taken alot of pushing advertising on all free sites. Car magnets leaflets gift vouchers, telling anyone who would listen, word of mouth and my website to get to me almost to how busy i want and can be with two kids etc.
This has taken me a year so far.
So if your needing to fill double those hours it obviously will take time.
But it can depend on the area your in, also with a salon you get free advertising and passing trade with a shop front.
Dont be disheartened it's worth it if you can afford to keep it up.Hth nd good

and how long is a piece of string?

I've been doing this for 15 years and still not a millionaire!!!!

As I am an holistic therapist, I know i will never be as busy as a beauty therapist, BUT I have regular clients and some book every 2 weeks but most book every 4 weeks without fail and without prompting.

I rent from 2 premises because their is not enough work at either place to be just at one, but it means twice the rent!

Keep plugging away, and enjoy the ride.

It does take time to build up your client base. It can take months for some but years for others. It does audopend which area your in and what is popular in your area. It also depends on compeition if there is allot or not much.

And also depends on your service quality as this usually results to word through mouth.
It takes time for clients to trust you and it takes time for almost everyone to know about you.

Just advertise and do your marketing as much as you can and keep going and going and you will get there.

xx

:green:Good point.

These things take time so just keep pluging yourself hun and make sure you get your name every where you possibly can it will take time but im sure you will have a full book soon.

Ive found for me most of my client come via my website and the adds I have on the internet. Theres a brilliant thread on here with loads of site you can advertise for free!! All it costs is your time.

Hi

Anyway, I have picked up some fab tips from this site. I now have postcards coming from vistaprint and I have advertised on net mums.
:lol:
thanks alot xxxxx

It takes time and a lot of blood sweat and tears...we've all been there and are always continuously striving to grow our businesses or at times such as the economic climate were currently experiencing striving to sustain our businesses in a shrinking market.

So...there are never any fixed time scales and even once you've cracked the nut and have a successful business its not over even then..you have to sustain that drive and effort over the long term to remain in business.

Its still all worth it ...wouldn't change it for anything :hug:

I think your friend is about right - it took me about 3 years to be more or less fully booked when I was renting a room, then when I started up my salon another 3 years to do the same, because obviously I took on staff so they needed to build their clientele.
Not saying I'm fully booked every day, but it's a consistent level of clients walking through the door, and enough to pay the bills and give me a decent living like your friend.

why don't you do some beauty ie train for waxing it will boost your income.

I've been doing this for 15 years and still not a millionaire!!!!

As I am an holistic therapist, I know i will never be as busy as a beauty therapist, BUT I have regular clients and some book every 2 weeks but most book every 4 weeks without fail and without prompting.

I rent from 2 premises because their is not enough work at either place to be just at one, but it means twice the rent!

Keep plugging away, and enjoy the ride.

How do I find the threads please?

:green:Good point.

These things take time so just keep pluging yourself hun and make sure you get your name every where you possibly can it will take time but im sure you will have a full book soon.

Ive found for me most of my client come via my website and the adds I have on the internet. Theres a brilliant thread on here with loads of site you can advertise for free!! All it costs is your time.

Latest posts

Back