business and advertising question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kel's25

Reaction score
hi again guys im so addicted to this site and all you opinions,

im already open or suppose to be open

tues 9-6
wed 9-7
thurs9-6
fri 9-7
sat 9-3

most of the time i stretch my hours to 9-7 and sat 9-5 as its only me in one room above a hairdressers.

well the hairdressers are opening mondays and i wouldnt mind having one saturday off a month and do 2 late night only.

so ive got a therapist whos interested in doing mondays 2 later nights and one saturday a month.

but dont know how to go about introducing her to clients i thought an ad in the paper put her hours on my pricelist and texting/mail shoting my exsisting clients to tell them.

the clients ive told are like "i come here cos i know its just you" "i like your standard of work" and im like i understand that and thats why im still working most hours but id like clients who arent bothered about loyalty to therapist and dont mind who does the treatment to have a choice of more business hours. also i wouldnt employ someone who didnt have a good treatment standard.

sorry its long winded but any advice or suggestions would be great

xxx

Listen to your clients,
they are your bread & butter :hug:

I wouldn't do it. Before you know it, you'll be out and she'll be in. There'll soon warm to her and the next thing, she'll be leaving and taking all your clients with you.

If you want th odd Saturday off, you could always be 'fully booked' when people want to book in and they'll be none the wiser (unless they see you in Lakeside):) xxx

i understand what your saying, but surely you have to take that chance otherwise youd never open salons if you didnt bite the bullet and employ others. it comes with the job therapists move on and some clients follow.

xxx (no offence is ment to be caused)

most of the time i stretch my hours to 9-7 and sat 9-5 as its only me in one room above a hairdressers.

well the hairdressers are opening mondays and i wouldnt mind having one saturday off a month and do 2 late night only.

so ive got a therapist whos interested in doing mondays 2 later nights and one saturday a month.
Go for it.
You cannot carry on working approx 50 hours a week forever, you'll make yourself ill in the longterm.
I would imagine some of your clients would never book in with the other therapist come what may, so no way would you lose all your clients if she left. Some also probably have regular days/time slots so would be unavailable to book in with her. Sounds like the only cross-over day would be saturday, even then some of you existing clients might be glad someone is covering for you if they wanted small last minute things like eyebrow shaping, bikini waxing etc. and would give her a try.
But there will be new clients who won't know you or her so will not have a preference, so book those in with her on mmondays especially if you are generally very busy, you won't have to turn them away if you personally are fully booked.

NO WAY will she be taking your clients if she leaves . . if you are good at what you do and your clients like you, why would they go with her? Clients have minds of their own and won't be talked into switching over therapist if they don't want to, just at the drop of a hat.

Would the new girl be self-employed or employed by you?
If self-employed, check your contract and make sure you can sublet the space, you don't want any problems with your landlord.
Also, think carefully about use of your products, equipment, etc. too. I know 2 girls who were sharing the rental of a beauty room, one was tidy, one was messy and they fell out big time and one eneded up leaving.

Just a few thoughts for you anyway. Good luck!
Cathy x

Latest posts

Back