Business Banking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoilt!

Reaction score
Can anyone help, I've followed all the business advice on salon geek!

But now I am at the point I need to set up a company bank account!!

Who would you recommened?

Join the Federation of Small Businesses and enjoy all the benefits they offer, one of which is free business banking with the Co-op.

Abbey offer free banking also.

Becki xxx

Hi

I'm with HSBC and they do 18months free banking. I've been really impressed with them so far. I also got my card machine through them.

Sarah

I'm with HSBC but i am changing over to co-operative. I am a member of the federation of small businesses so as calla said they offer free banking and it's free banking for life!

Im with the Northern but am changing to Co-op through the FSB - Northern were charging 85 a quarter PLUS charges - Co-op is free!! However, I didnt need a business loan so if you need finance that might change things.

I work for local bank and have to say that you can usually negotiate with the business managers for whatever you want if you can persuade them.

Most offer at least a years free banking to get you started, but after that will charge you for cash lodged, cheques lodges, coin exchanged....the list is endless.
Its really important to bounce one off the other as they are keen for business (though it may look like they are doing you a favour!)
Dont be afraid to change provider as sometimes if you have had problems or bad service, this can be enticing to the new banker, and get an up to date charges list to compare each provider.

Remember they are just people like you and me and dont feel intimidated!

If you feel you would like to pm i would be happy to help you if you have any further queries.
Good luck!

alliance and leicester have a good business account free babk and deposits can be made at post offices, phone and internet babk banking included. as get credit card machines from rms retail merchant services that are competitive.

When I started my first business 3 years ago I went with Abbey as they offered free banking for life and setting it up was easy and smooth, all done within 10 days or so.

This time however has been a totally different story and in fact a blinkin nightmare. 4 weeks on and no-one seems to know whats going on. Every time I ring there is a different story. Wouldn't go with Abbey again for this reason.

we are with barclays and are already considering moving! its ony been 4 weeks and I am disappointed with their customer service and lack of communication. we think we will go with abbey.

Latest posts

Back