Business cards etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu8909

Reaction score
Hi all
Im starting to look at the business side of things while trying to save money for the tanning kit and training. I was looking for websites that do business cards and promo bits, i was looking at vistaprint and moo. Which company do you all use or do you print your own? Im probably going with sienna x so is it better to use their materieals?
Thanks
x

Vista was good for us............

I used vista they are nice cards and do the job

I'm looking into Vista at the mo...
I think they're great for starting out, and the prices are good too!

For my business cards i used AFP design.
My business cards are clear plastic frosted cards with gold writing and everyone comments how posh they are! They actually only cost £150 for 1000 and that was with P&P.
I think people tend to keep the plastic ones in their purse and they don't tend to get thrown out so i think it's worth paying the extra.
For all my leaflets and price lists etc.. i do them on the computer. I bought a double sided printer and it's been a god send.

Vistaprint is great:hug:

Hi,

Try looking locally first as often they give the best deals to local business. I have used Vistaprint once. They are okay but a very lowgrade print and card and they may be cheap but they get you on the postage. I approached a local printers and they were not much more, cost wise, than an internet based one but a far superior card.

You have to remember, whether we like it or not, but future clients can judge you on the small details.

I have used various internet based printers but my local was by far the best, quickiest and better service. :)

I guess the thing to bear in mind with VistaPrint is that if you use one of their default templates, then the chances are that countless other businesses will use that same template too, making it hard for you to stand out from the crowd.

For a more individual look, you're probably best getting a bespoke design done, either by a graphic designer, or by doing it yourself if you have the necessary software and graphic design skills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Vista print is a good starting point as they have loads of special offers on all the time. I use them just now but soon i want to get my own logo designed to make it my own as like Ruth said its just a basic template and prob alot of people use the same design as me.
Have a look around.
XX

Vista is a fab starting point, I have used them, and got my business from nothing to busy in a year, I would like to get my own design done though, just so I know it's all mine, But I will keep it similar to what I have from Vista as I know it works.:):)

Looks like I might be a bit alone in this ... but I hate vista print! I really don't like the quality of their products, the bus cards are not a standard size and they don't have great customer service!

My preference for business cards is Goodprint Ltd - Premium quality business cards and stationery delivered worldwide.

But why spend money on just a business card? Have you thought about a flyer instead? I now use full colour double sided 250gsm Gloss finish flyers instead!!

5,000 A7 - £59
2,500 A6 - £41
5,000 A6 - £61

I use A6 (quater of an A4 page), and they look great, feel great and are amazing value for money! They are VAT free and the price includes postage!

Quattro Print UK - full colour brochures / flyers / leaflets / posters / envelopes printing for them.

Mat

If we're mentioning names, then I'll happily put a good word in for Carl on the graphic design front then, http://www.verveprint.co.uk/
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks everyone for your advice. Ruth, i just looked at the site you sent me it looks fab thanks for recommending it
x

Looks like I might be a bit alone in this ... but I hate vista print! I really don't like the quality of their products, the bus cards are not a standard size and they don't have great customer service!

My preference for business cards is Goodprint Ltd - Premium quality business cards and stationery delivered worldwide.

But why spend money on just a business card? Have you thought about a flyer instead? I now use full colour double sided 250gsm Gloss finish flyers instead!!

5,000 A7 - £59
2,500 A6 - £41
5,000 A6 - £61

I use A6 (quater of an A4 page), and they look great, feel great and are amazing value for money! They are VAT free and the price includes postage!

Quattro Print UK - full colour brochures / flyers / leaflets / posters / envelopes printing for them.

Mat
That's Brilliant. I was just thinking about flyers! You are not alone, I too am not a fan of Vistaprint.

I use vista print along with my printers in my area. Vista print are brilliant quality and good price. Hths x

i had a postcard thro the door from a local therapist and it was from vista print and i have to say it put me off using vista print! it looked cheap and boring on the printed side - not at all original and the otherside looked like the inside of a cereal box!

i have seen the plastic business cards and they are fabbbbb! xx

Latest posts

Back