Business rates ??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa lou

Reaction score
i am currently renting a room inside a hairdressers (i'm beauty ) should i be paying buisness rates or does the salon i'm confused :irked:??? any help would be appreciated :hug:

im not certain about this. but i would assume its the salon.

i have just taking over a salon and wouldnt charge the people who rent a room for business rates.:eek:

I would ask the people you rent from if your rent is 'all inclusive'. If it is then this includes rates, water, lighting and heating. Sometimes it also incudes use of the telephone and/or receptionist.

If they are at all unclear about anything then double check with your local council.

I would say the salon.....they pay rates on the building.....You are only renting within the building...HTH's

It would all depend on the tenancy agreement details that you have signed up to I'm afraid, no hard and fast rules.

thankyou thankyou , i'm a bit of a whittler and you've put my mind at ease , i will double check in the morning but you've confirmed what i suspected thanks again geeks xxxxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back