Buying supplies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbfhpunk

Reaction score
Hi

How can I buy supplies without being a member or a related organisation?

I did a one day waxing course and was told that it was recognised by the Guild of Beauty therepists and that I'd get a certificate, I've emailed a couple of tiems but haven't had one yet, I want to get some more wax and strips and a wax cleaner as I had a mishap with my machine and it's got all caught up in it, tbh I'm only really waxing myself at the moment until I practise more and poss do a longer course. but would like to try cream wax and also need the smaller spatulas for facial waxing.

Everywhere I loko I need an insurance number before I can buy anything.

Can I join the Guild as a student as my training will be long term doing a different course every few months or so?

Thanks

Helen

Hi I would check with the Guild to see if this company are a registered training provider with them. I really do wish companies would only offer these courses as refreshers to qualified people and I would be happy to see tighter legislation. Please go and do a longer course before working on the general public.:)

Essentia, yes that's what I'm intending to do. Just wanted to do a day course to see if it was for me before committing to a longer one.

Thanks

Helen

i think you can use sallys tho but dont shoot me if i am wrong

you should be able to buy products from sallys. when you go take your certificate with you and they will send you a card in the post, but in the mean time you can buy products from them to use. ( members of the public can also go in and buy stuff but have to pay more for it).

Hi I should imagine that you could get student insurance at least. I see from reading your post you are committed to do more training, so good for you and I hope you do well. (In fact this is what I feel these courses should supply you with until a track record of treatments and assessments are submitted).

Hi Helen,

If you give us a call on 0845 2177 383 we will be able to advise you on student membership, and your qualification.

HTHs

Hi

How can I buy supplies without being a member or a related organisation?

I did a one day waxing course and was told that it was recognised by the Guild of Beauty therepists and that I'd get a certificate, I've emailed a couple of tiems but haven't had one yet, I want to get some more wax and strips and a wax cleaner as I had a mishap with my machine and it's got all caught up in it, tbh I'm only really waxing myself at the moment until I practise more and poss do a longer course. but would like to try cream wax and also need the smaller spatulas for facial waxing.

Everywhere I loko I need an insurance number before I can buy anything.

Can I join the Guild as a student as my training will be long term doing a different course every few months or so?

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen - have you tried Ellisons? Ellisons Website : Supplier of Professional Hair and Beauty Products I didn't have insurance when I was a student so unless they've changed their rules I think they may be able to help. I know at Sallys I had to take in my certificates before they would give me my membership. I hope you manage to get sorted out with some supplies :hug:

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your help , I will have a look at those links tomorrow.

Thanks again

Helen

I've contacted the Guild and they're going to contact my trainer to get certificates or confirmation. I'm now a also a full member too!

I have to say I work for a membership organisation and I found the customer service at the guild absolutely superb! Our membership department could learn a lot!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Helen

Thanks Helen, glad we could help. And welcome to the Guild!

I've contacted the Guild and they're going to contact my trainer to get certificates or confirmation. I'm now a also a full member too!

I have to say I work for a membership organisation and I found the customer service at the guild absolutely superb! Our membership department could learn a lot!!

Thanks again for all your help.

Helen

Latest posts

Back