Can any one help Me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi every one, Well where do I start, I've been doing nails for 12 years (moblie) and in the last two years I've been having problems with my left arm which is strange cos I'm right handed, the doctor's have said it's my job thats caused it to be so painfull. I've had steroid injections which helped for a time but now it looks like surgery to release my ulnar nerve, which is booked in for next month, not sure what to do, I'm worried:Scared: it might not work and I don't want to give up the job I LOVE so much.
Any feed back would be much appreciated, Thanks Angie x

Whilst i haven't got any solutions for you, i just wanted you to know that i am thinking of you and crossing fingers,thumbs, toes that everything works out for you.

Hiya, i really feel for you. firstly try not to panic yet as the op may sort everything out for , stay positive. xx

Secondly, if the op doesn't work and you cant do nails all day everyday anymore, with 12 years experience behind you i bet you have loads you could pass onto new techs, so maybe you could teach. This way you are still a part of the industry you love.

Best of luck, keep us posted. xxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya, i really feel for you. firstly try not to panic yet as the op may sort everything out for , stay positive. xx

Secondly, if the op doesn't work and you cant do nails all day everyday anymore, with 12 years experience behind you i bet you have loads you could pass onto new techs, so maybe you could teach. This way you are still a part of the industry you love.

I totally agree, couldn't have said it better myself. There is nothing like experience to speak volumes. Always remember when one door closes another door opens, always!!! Finger crossed for you hun xxxx

Hi there and welcome to the board..........
I have to say I feel for you wholeheartedly, I have had the same injections on my back and they DO WORK, it killed my pain COMPLETELY, for about 6 months.
I do think for one minute you`ll have to give up working, just try not to worry and see how you go, I know we can all say that to you and it won`t stop you worrying but you won`t have to give up, you will get better.
Have you not tried to sit differently? That could be an option for you to think about too. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.
BTW we`d love to have you along at our next geek meeting on 2nd april, you wouldn`t have to come alone, Lucia is from down your end.

NailStyle said:

Totally agree!
Good luck!

Hi guy's,:| Thanks for all your lovely messages they mean a lot,
any way I've been to the hospital again and my arm is in a bit of a mess got to have the operation no matter what, its beyond self repair ,so rest wont work any more, just hope it op works, got to have up to 12 weeks off which is not funny when I love my job sooooo much.
Most of my clients have been great and understood totally but like every thing you always get one which is worried whats she's going to do. so if there is any one in the southend- on-sea. Essex area that dose fiberglass nail and some free hand nail art who wants a few new clients just send me a message. thanks again for all your support will keep in touch. operation date is the 18th april 2005 :sad: love Angie x

Oh poor you...everyone else has said it so well.

I really feel for you, I couldn't imagine having to give it up.

Wil be thinking of you on the 18th April 05..xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fingers and toes crossed for you babe..xxxxxxx

All I can say is, Good Luck and stay positive, you'll be just fine. And 12 weeks will fly by and you'll get back to work before you know it.

have pmed you hun
thinking of you
x

Good luck with the op - fingers crossed everything works out well for you. :hug: :hug:

Latest posts

Back