Can anyone help me with my skin please? :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone, it's tough making the choice between which product to go for and and then how long do you use it for before giving up and trying the next?! I was using some Estée Lauder stuff for about 6 months and whilst it was lovely and did not irritate it didn't calm my actual skin condition but I kept thinking I hadn't been using it long enough!!

Hmm decisions decisions! X

Eve Taylor Solar Shield gives 25spf protection, protects against UVA UVB and infrared. Contains Cocoa butter and sunflower.

When protecting your face against sun damage you really can't beat a good hat.

Lindsey x

Thanks Lindsay do they do a higher SPF than 25? I do like the Eve Taylor stuff x

I too have ultra sensetive skin! dryness, breakouts and redness and I have been diagnosed with rosacea so like previous posts state go to the doctors and see what they have to say. If it is then they can prescribe medication to help control it. I have tried all sorts and asked advice from felllow geeks and to be honest what works for one person doesnt work for another! For example Decleor did nothing but irritate my skin but when I worked with it I saw how good it was for some people.
My advice, keep your routine very simple and try changing a few thing in your diet and lifestyle.
I have finally found something that i think is working for me unless its coincidence! A fellow geek told me about napiers starflower cream and I've used it for about 3 weeks. I've seen a massive difference. Ive tried lots of brands, laser, facials, no facials, cheap brands, expensive brands, doctors precriptions and this is the first time I've seen a difference.
I've also started taking starflower vitamins.
I hope this helps and I hope you get to the bottom of it soon, I know exactly how you feel.
:smack:

This is an interesting one might take a look at this :) thank you! X

After you have been to the doctors It might be worth washing your skin with ultra bland from Lush. This is a cult product of lush and the formula has been used for hundreds of years as the most basic but effective cleanser, just how products should be. After you have been to doctors please get in touch with me and I can treat your skin for free, I would love to help you.

Regards x

Hi Tanning

What a lovely kind offer thank you so much. I will see what my doc says and then be in touch xx

Thanks Lindsay do they do a higher SPF than 25? I do like the Eve Taylor stuff x

Your welcome. They don't have anything over 25 :( It's really great for everyday use.

Hope your GP helps you x

That's a shame. I am going to Egypt and thinking I will probably need a factor 50 lol 😃 x

I've noticed an improvement using starflower. Skins still not perfect but I'll settle with it as its under control! Good luck!

If you e mail me your address I'll send you a free simple of Ultra bland. It's not going to cure your skin but it will sooth and prevent fever break outs.
Xxx

I've noticed an improvement using starflower. Skins still not perfect but I'll settle with it as its under control! Good luck!

Sweetyrex

Do you use your usual face wash\cleanser and then use the starflower as a moisturiser? Xx

If you e mail me your address I'll send you a free simple of Ultra bland. It's not going to cure your skin but it will sooth and prevent fever break outs.
Xxx

Lovely tanning I will email you :) x

Sweetyrex

Do you use your usual face wash\cleanser and then use the starflower as a moisturiser? Xx

I use a neals yard chamomile cleanser that I was given, before that was decleor so I have changed. Before I had Rosacea I used to treat my skin as oily because of spots but I think I've always had sensitive skin and never treated it properly. I've always had a good routine with cleaners, serums the lot. Thougt I'd give basic a go and it's doing a good job so far. Don't know if it's the change from decleor, the cleanser, the starflower cream or starflower vitamins but I'll keep it up!

Im sorry this is off topic but your eyelashes are beautifull!!!! :)

Aww thank you Rhe, I have been using Rimmel volume flash scandal eyes :) x

You must be blessed with naturally long lashes lol no mascara does that to mine haha! they are gorgeous i didnt even notice your skin just thought wow they are amazing :D X

Rhe - have you tried using Solar oil on your lashes? It's what us nail geeks use but can also be good for skin and lashes too... If you do a search there is a thread on it xx

Latest posts

Back