Can Coloured Gels Go Off ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
A daft question it may be, but if there is an answer, I'd sure like to know it please !

I know that coloured gels separate so they need a gentle stir before use, and also that all gels should be stored away from direct sunlight and UV lamps !

However, if the answer to the question is yes ... are there any tell-tale signs, ie. do they have a life expectancy ?

I have only used the powder additives so you just mix as much as you need. I mixed too much once and when I opened the container it had set !!

my french white went really thick and goopy....think that was left out too long with the top off.

Other than that not sure

AMbx

Bringing this one up to the top again, to see if anyone else knows the answer to this question - thanx.

karen noodle said:
Bringing this one up to the top again, to see if anyone else knows the answer to this question - thanx.

Sorry Karen, really not sure about this. However my first thought is that the gels may not have a life expectancy. I am taking this from a shop's point of view. They have them there all the time until we buy them, don't they?

I think its alot to do with storage. I keep my bio gels in my kitchen because its the coolest part of the house - with ceramic tiled floors...

An interesting question though!

Latest posts

Back