Can someone pleeeeeease answer me....??:-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsbyclaire

Reaction score
I bought a Sealey mini compressor from www.tooled-up.com and got a free airbrush with it for just under £110. It's almost identical to the one in the Essential Nails course except no water trap/regulator valve - should I get these for airbrushing nails? Also, am I right in thinking a dual action air brush allows you to control air flow & paint with one trigger? Or do I have a single action!?? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

With ref to my first thread, I'm really concerned about this college course now as I've forked out almost £500 for a year long evening course and realise my tutor is possibly a bit wierd! She seems to know all the theory but the demo's in class are rubbish and so far I've only got to Pedicures!..What am I supposed to do when we get to Powder & Liquid?? She's already said that everyone passed the course which is a bit of a disappointment for me as there is NO challenge. My first assessment went ok (manicure & massage) but a few other students can't even paint a coat of polish and still PASSED?? :mad: I have got 2 of the essential nails video's which seem quite good compared to my tutor. And I've just read the tutorials.......absolutely brilliant!! I now know ALL of things I was doing wrong - FABTASTIC. This is my fave site at the mo - I've been on here ALL DAY!!

HI Hun
It seems a little quiet on here tonight which may be why you have'nt had any replies!! I would love to help but i am as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to airbrushing.......hopefully by the morning you will get the answers u need!
tickety boo
Amanda

Hi Claire,

I'm just a bit curious that your website, online nail supplies, is selling airbrush equipment etc., and yet you don't seem familiar with airbrushing - is this your website? If so, it's probably best that you know all about your products and the job they do before selling them - or are you selling on behalf of www.shesto.co.uk as I noticed some of the pictures on your website are the same as theirs? ;)

That's right, I sell on behalf of shesto - they pay me commission. I just wanted to add airbrush equipment to my site but to be honest I haven't sold anything yet! Any techie questions I pass on to them - I won't even see the equipment as they would deliver direct to the customer. I would like to offer a budget range for people like me, but I also want decent quality but shesto only offer kits over £300??

Hi Claire,

The problem with airbrushing equipment is the cheaper you get, the lower quality and less professional looking you get too. If you're going to be offering airbrushing to clients as a service then you need a compressor that's going to keep going all day - I use an Iwata Smart Jet Pro (available from Welcome To K-Sa-Ra ) and I never have problems with it, even when I do the all day airbrush demos for NBSI at the Pro Beauty shows here in Ireland.

I looked at the one you said you bought (forgotten the website - sorry)..... was it the one that said it should only be run for approx 20 minutes at a time? If so, that's no good. Especially for someone who is learning to airbrush and will want to practice for hours at a time. You really need a moisture trap too or you could ruin your nail art with a big splatter of water!

My advice would be to stick to Shesto and the compressors they supply, they've been in the business a long time and know their stuff. I'd also say get yourself on a proper airbrush class and don't listen to that 'tutor' - you'll need to learn about the equipment and products you are advertising on your website at some point.

Good luck in your venture!

Many thanks. The compressor I've bought doesn't say anything about only running for 20 mins at a time! I think it will be ok for me to learn with and it wasnt too expensive - with everything else I need to buy just to "learn" - I just wanted something basic to start off with and it seems to do the job. I've had a little fiddle with it and it's a dual action airbrush which I am also happy about. A water trap/regulator is only about £30, so I'll get one asap. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated.

Hi Claire,
The compressor looks the same, but they do not included the water trap and regulator valve with it. Although you can purchase these seperately this will put up the price but is necessary. The air brush is very different to the Essential Air, it is hard to see from the picture online , but I can make out that you attach a bottle with paint in, rather than add paint to a colour cup on the top of the gun. The weight and balance of an airbrush is important, to make it comfortabe to work with. If you press the button down for air and pul back for paint, you have a dual action airbrush.
Glad you find the video's helpful, use them to the fullest to really improve your skills.

Latest posts

Back